Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Deals and Macys.com promo codes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Deals and Macys.com promo codes

In the official terms of the Discover Deals portal for Macys.com, customers cannot get the Macys.com 5% cash back bonus if they use non-Discover promo codes in addition to the portal. That said, I've had other Discover portals reward me for purchases officially excluded before, so I know the rules aren't perfectly enforced.

I'm curious to hear if anyone here has:

1. Successfully double-dipped and combined using a non-Discover Macys.com promo code with actually getting a 5% cash bonus.

or

2. Been denied the 5% from Discover for trying to double-dip.

I can't be a Guinea pig for this one, as I decided to play it safe. I went with the non-Discover promo code and fed another card with some minimum spend. I'm curious for future reference.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Deals and Macys.com promo codes

on a side note, the 25% off of discover deals for the papa johns i got the 25% off and used a visa by accident but it still worked surprisingly. 

Message 2 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

on a side note, the 25% off of discover deals for the papa johns i got the 25% off and used a visa by accident but it still worked surprisingly. 

+1

If you're talking about the '25DISC' promo code, I've used that one with a Papa John's gift card before (not knowing it was a Discover promo) and it worked as well.  Anytime I order Papa John's, I do a search for a promo code before ordering and usually there is a good one floating around, but I usually don't know where they originate.  I only figured out that '25DISC' was unique to Discover a week or so back. (I thought 'DISC' was short for 'Discount')

I'm about to make another purchase on Drugstore.com, and I have a promo code for $5 off (have to click through an email), but when I go through the Discover portal that promo seems to be 'stripped' off.  The last time I tried a few different ways to get it to take the promo after going through the portal, but it never worked.  Previously the portal was worth more than the promo, but this time around the promo is more valuable, so I'll just give up the deal. 

Also, a couple of data points... back in the fall I placed an order on Samsclub.com to be delivered to the store.  The fine print states that for the samsclub.com "deal" store pickup doesn't qualify, but I was hoping it wouldn't know the difference and would give it to me anyway - but it didn't work.  There must be an internal flag somewhere that designates store delivery vs. shipped. Also, I used a deal at J.C. Penney, and the local store lost the order (after I was charged).  It was a store-pickup order (allowed by the J.C. Penney deal) and they had the same item in stock; they were kind enough to let me purchase the store item at the online price.  To get it in the computer, they had to refund my online order and then charge my card for the exact same dollar amount.  By this time the Discover Deal had already been credited, and due to the refund transaction Discover 'clawed back' the reward (approx. $5).  That time I did drop a line to Discover to let them know there was a return/charge in the exact same amount (the item wasn't really returned) and they promptly reinstated the reward with no hassle.

I'll also mention that a few times I haven't received the initial 'thank you' email for using a deal, but eventually I did get the final email telling me the amount that to be credited to my rewards balance for the purchase.  The not-knowing is a little annoying, but as long as the deal eventually works I can 'deal' with it (no pun intended).

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

I'll also mention that a few times I haven't received the initial 'thank you' email for using a deal, but eventually I did get the final email telling me the amount that to be credited to my rewards balance for the purchase.  The not-knowing is a little annoying, but as long as the deal eventually works I can 'deal' with it (no pun intended).

I've always gotten emails within a few days of the transaction, but the time the rewards take to post varies a lot. One email will say the rewards will post in up to ten weeks, and it takes just a few days for them to post on the next statement. Another said the rewards would post within 30 days, and it ended up taking four months (that was a Home Depot online purchase, which last I checked was a discontinued portal).

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.