Did you mean: 

Discover Deals and a non-Discover Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Deals and a non-Discover Card

@Aarvard wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I know in the days of ShopDiscover, people could go through the shopdiscover portal and pay with a different card and still receive the cash back on their Discover account. While Discover shut down some people who were obviously gaming the system by running thousands through the portal and selling the items, I know most people never had a problem with it. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this using the new Discover Deals. I'm trying to meet signup bonuses and it would be nice to put everything on my new cards but still receive the great cashback from Discover.

The first time I accidentally used my Amex card while in Discover Deals to buy an iPhone and they still gave me 5% cash back. I clearly had no idea why, so I chatted with the CSR and told her to take the cash back back, and she assured me they would investigate it further. It has been three months since then and the cash back is still here in my account Smiley Surprised. It's just weird that they did not attempt to do anything even though I reported it.
And I haven't tried shopping through Discover Deals with another card for the second time. Somehow I feel bad Smiley Indifferent  

I am glad they let you keep it. Double dipping is the best.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.