cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Deals did not receive email confirmation .

tag
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover Deals did not receive email confirmation .

I sent a message to discover yesterday about a JCP online transaction that didn't post from October.

Received reply today that they are crediting my cash back for the purchase.  Still a pain, but I'll take it.

Message 11 of 17
bz386
Frequent Contributor

In my experience if the cash back is delayed, you still receive an email almost immediately. I bought an iPhone through DD and the next day I received an email confirming the transaction. It did say though that they need to verify the purchase with Apple and that I will hear back in 30 days. Almost exactly 30 days later I received another email confirming that the purchase is eligible for DD cash back and the cash back appeared on the next statement.
Message 12 of 17
nawhop
Valued Member

Though I love the amount of rebates DD offers but I found it rather annoying to have to wait so long for a confirmation. Other portals, I almost immediately get a confirmation. 

Starting score 03/01/2015 EQ 693 TU 705 EX 732
Goal Score FICO08 : the 800 clubs
Mortgage app HP 04/20/2015
Message 13 of 17
krial
Regular Contributor

I've always hated the lack of any sort of tracking for DD. I pretty much have to keep a text file with the date, time, cash back percentage, amount of purchase and purchase location just to make sure I get everything. Getting 10% back through DD instead of 5% through Ebates or someplace is only better if you're sure you're actually getting everything.

If they improved their tracking so that you could tell what was going on with all of your DD purchases, it would be so very much better!

Goal: 800, Current Scores: EX 735, EQ 746, TU 745
Message 14 of 17
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@dwz55 wrote:

It usually takes 10 weeks now since they tightened up the restrictions on DD. The issue was that people were returning items and keeping the extra cash back, so now they're basically waiting until most 30/60 return windows are passed.

Then they need to adjust their software to immediately deduct the award when a return is processed. I know they didnt do it and thought it was pretty stupid on their part. As I said in my previous post I wont use them for WM again and if I get the same treatment with a Sears purchase coming up end of the month then I am finished with DD and will use other cards shopping portals where credit is given for my purchases in a timely fashion.

Good luck, gdale. I made a DD purchase from Sears on August 1 and didn't get the cashback credit until the end of October after making three inquiries about it.

Message 15 of 17
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@krial wrote:

I've always hated the lack of any sort of tracking for DD. I pretty much have to keep a text file with the date, time, cash back percentage, amount of purchase and purchase location just to make sure I get everything. Getting 10% back through DD instead of 5% through Ebates or someplace is only better if you're sure you're actually getting everything.

If they improved their tracking so that you could tell what was going on with all of your DD purchases, it would be so very much better!

This.

If they communicated more clearly and gave you a solid means of tracking, it would be no big deal at all to have to wait a few months (not great but not a big pain). It's having to worry about whether your DD purchase was ever properly credited and your reward will ever be paid that makes it so frustrating.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't forget that if you used a coupon code or other deal then DD doesn't apply.  Also there are category restrictions.  I used mine for some tiny $5 purchase around black Friday and I got the initial 'you've used it' e-mail and also the 2nd email detailing the amount of cash back earned and that I should see it next month.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.