Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Denial

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Denial

@joltdude wrote:

Lets add insult to injury, discover did a double hard pull on me.. Both EQ and TU pulled....

Cmon guys...

double pulls happen i think when i apped for discover IT before they double pulled me. Even when I apped for CSP less than an month ago i got double pulled. My scores are decent , didn't expect the double pull from chase :-(

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 11 of 24
bk510
Valued Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

Well I took the bait and the hard pull from Discover... got denied... tried recon but CSR wouldnt redirect me to anyone with influence.

Now what...

Should I go on an app spree... and just realize discover is being stubborn?

or how long should I wait before I try again.. I sort of initially thought id wait for 6month mark before applying but I really wanted a second card that reported to *everyone* 

the whole approved with co-applicant thing didnt sit well with me...

No baddies, had a CU card for 4 months, and they kept showering with offers... 

your score seem decent....is ur CU card the only card u have?

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 12 of 24
bk510
Valued Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

Nope. Not going to pay for them untill im in the ballpark.. Thought that TU one i bought was one but its not...

Discover pulls EQ.....i'm in so cal.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 13 of 24
bk510
Valued Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

Iv gone from having a thin file to 3 months of  9% util, PIF on statement cut date

Tend to make 2-3 payments a month just to keep the util down...

No BK, no adverse actions, no judgements/liens

Have a total of 7 inquiries, only 4 this year...2 being the CU for checking/cc accounts, one being a hard pull i was lied to about.... and the other being discover.

-J

Try Barclay reward card for an average credit or apple visa....i think u have a good shot of approval.

good luck

Message 14 of 24
bk510
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

Lets add insult to injury, discover did a double hard pull on me.. Both EQ and TU pulled....

Cmon guys...

double pulls happen i think when i apped for discover IT before they double pulled me. Even when I apped for CSP less than an month ago i got double pulled. My scores are decent , didn't expect the double pull from chase :-(

I think that lenders tend to at least double pull, if ur report is somewhat borderline. imo

Message 15 of 24
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Still indecisive on what to do..  aaoa with one card and a 1k ploc is 6mo.  not getting any pre-approval offers coming back except discovers website... Tempted to hold and garden until Dec,  but having a rewards card and additional reporting would be good 

Message 16 of 24
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

I would wait.. I got denied at 4 months with the reason being little credit history. 6 months later I got approved. And when I got denied I was also offered the co applicant option as well.
Message 17 of 24
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

Still indecisive on what to do..  aaoa with one card and a 1k ploc is 6mo.  not getting any pre-approval offers coming back except discovers website... Tempted to hold and garden until Dec,  but having a rewards card and additional reporting would be good 

Discover's website isn't a legitimaite prequal .... put in Mickey Mouse, and you'll see he's prequalified as well

Message 18 of 24
taxi818
Super Contributor

Stop using fako and get real scores. So you can tell where you really stand and not waste hard pulls. 

Message 19 of 24
joltdude
Senior Contributor

I'll just wait another 3 months... Fico is expensive and I got one from credit one soft pull. You care to spend 36$ every pull?
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.