Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Double Cash Back

tag
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Discover Double Cash Back

Ah for a second I thought it was 3% but I am getting my cards mixed up, it is 2%... they are offering it on new IT cards (for 1 year, paid in one lump sum.)

I have an IT card with them. It got very heavy usage for many months and is entirely paid off, large CL, they should certainly be very happy with me. I do not want to apply for a new card. Chat help would not ablige getting this promotion on my existing card, is there someone I can call that might be a little more helpful or am I wasting my time?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Discover Double Cash Back

@Peter1142 wrote:

3% is pretty sweet... they are offering it on new IT cards (for 1 year, paid in one lump sum.)

I have an IT card with them. It got very heavy usage for many months and is entirely paid off, large CL, they should certainly be very happy with me. I do not want to apply for a new card. Chat help would not ablige getting this promotion on my existing card, is there someone I can call that might be a little more helpful or am I wasting my time?

3% on IT?    Are you thinking of the IT Miles card, which offers 1.5%+1.5% lump sum at the end of the year?

The IT Double Cash doubles everything, so is 2% on non-category non Discover Deals purchases.

It is EXTREMELY unlikely you will find anyone to add it your card now.   In the first few weeks, existing card holders were able to get the double cashback added, but then they started enforcing "new card members only"   

Heavy usage (whatever you mean by that) would mean that doubling rewards would be expensive for them!

Message 2 of 5
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Yes sorry I corrected my post - I was thinking it was 1.5% but it is 1%.

It isn't any more expensive for them with heavy usage -- they pay your rewards with their swipe fees, and the more usage, the more both you get in rewards and the more they make as well. But yes I guess it means they will lose money if I was actually using the card by increasing my rewards, but I am no longer using the card b/c I have better rewards elsewhere, so it will be good for them.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha, I personally say don't waste your time with getting Double Cash back right now. Believe me, I have tried, they won't budge on my AU accounts Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

they stopped allowing existing customers to get it in june. their commercials are pretty clear in "new customers only"
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.