Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Double Cash Back

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Double Cash Back

It also says its all newly earned. So you earned all that within a month with a 2500 CL? How is that even possible considering payments made against your balance arent instantly credited? Definitely strange.
Message 11 of 26
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It also says its all newly earned. So you earned all that within a month with a 2500 CL? How is that even possible considering payments made against your balance arent instantly credited? Definitely strange.

@I don't doubt op. he has been around a long time. im just thinking. each quarted catagorie is maxed at $75.00 earned at $1500 limit. at double cash op could have earned $600 just maxing cataroies alone. but the other 1472. damn. @ 1% cash back. thats a whole lot of spend for the entire year. or a whole lot of big purchases.

Message 12 of 26
baller4life
Super Contributor

Geez that's an insane amount of cashback!
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im just saying that in my experiences with discover, my "newly earned" cash back is what I have earned that statement. It hasn't put old earned cash back there. It is strange, if for whatever reason, it pulled all his old earned and stuck it in newly earned. It is also strange that someone who has a spend of 150k, whether it be for the entire year, or just this month to have a 2500 limit. I call it strange also in the hopes that he elaborates on it. I'm sure on not the only one who is wondering about this lol
Message 14 of 26
keithbward
Frequent Contributor

I had a lot of purchases I needed to make for computers and tvs. I used shop discover or discover deals or whatever they're calling it now to make them. Most of it came from Dell which was at 10% until like June 22. The limit is only $2500 cause it's actually a secured IT and that's the max you could put on the card. This is actually my year mark with the card this month. I knew I had the purchases coming up prior to the double cash back promo and contacted them in may about possibly making a huge payment so that I could have a large credit to make purchases that I would rather use my discover card and their shop portal. It took some back and forth but they were very understanding to my situation and the ACH payment was accepted. All of that was earned in June. I redeem the day the statement is cut every month and put it in a fidelity account. If they didn't allow me to do the huge ACH payment I was just gonna push it all through my NFCU cashRewards card which is at $22k. Hopefully they unsecure the card this month and bump my limit up considerably with the spend I put through it this past month. I think I ran about $27k through it the last 3 weeks. Hopefully that clears anything up for anybody. Just waiting til next year to see if they match it. I'll also have to do the same thing around December as well as May-June of next year. But most of my spend has always gone through shop discover cause many of the places I don't need it right now offer 5, 10, or 15% cash back. In the end, not so strange.

Starting Scores - EX 547 || EQ 541 || TU 538 - 01/21/2014
Current Scores - EX 691 || EQ 628??? || TU 695 - 08/04/2015
Goal Scores - 720 across the board
Current Utilization - 12% and going down
Message 15 of 26
keithbward
Frequent Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i'm wondering the same. how did you get so much in rewards given the relatively low credit limit? you must be some kind of spend ninja.

To add, the double cash back is awarded after a year.  And I don't get cash back emails on any card?

I get emails from discover when I use discover deals. It's titled "You've earned extra cash back bonus" or something like that. I'll take a screenshot for you hold on...

Edit...added image

IMG_1258.jpg

Starting Scores - EX 547 || EQ 541 || TU 538 - 01/21/2014
Current Scores - EX 691 || EQ 628??? || TU 695 - 08/04/2015
Goal Scores - 720 across the board
Current Utilization - 12% and going down
Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get the same emails Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 26
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

good job, OP! but I guess you're the reason they killed double cashback so soon! Smiley Very Happy 

Message 18 of 26
Bman70
Established Contributor

So you spent over $20k on mostly Dell in June alone.. wow? Smiley Wink 

And those are personal purchases? Because as you hopefully know, purchase for resale or commercial use doesn't qualify for rewards as far as I understand Discover's policies. Not that they probably can tell the difference.. but I would think at that level, an account could attract scrutiny more than average. 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 19 of 26
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@Bman70 wrote:

So you spent over $20k on mostly Dell in June alone.. wow? Smiley Wink 

And those are personal purchases? Because as you hopefully know, purchase for resale or commercial use doesn't qualify for rewards as far as I understand Discover's policies. Not that they probably can tell the difference.. but I would think at that level, an account could attract scrutiny more than average. 

This.

you may want to cash in your points soon. Remember CCCs can/wil AA you if they feel you are violating their policy in which case they can wipe out your $2K rewards with one mouse click (and not much you'd be albe to do).  Were I in your position I'd transfer that $2K out pronto.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.