Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Doubles Cash Bonus for 12 Month

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Doubles Cash Bonus for 12 Month

Have had my card for a few months.  Love it as it is.  Just enrolled and will forget about the Double-Cash application I was thinking about over the weekend. 

Message 261 of 543
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

Just spoke with a CS rep:  All customers can sign up June 1st but the "double cashabck" won't kick in until after your first cycle closes.  For me, my statement cuts on the 25th, so June 26 is the first day for me.  Also, you will get your regular cashback bonus through the 12 months, on the 13th statement you will receive the credit for the double promotion. 

Fine by me. I can wait.  Perhaps, this explains why they have been doling out the generous CLIs.Smiley Wink

This is good news! My statement cuts on the 19th so I got you by about a week. So next June will be nice when the reward from this next 12 months kicks in.

I guess another thought here would be to change the dates on your Discover card so it closes earlier in the month of June if you want to try to take advantage earlier than your current close date.

I think, changing the dates would be in effect from next month onwards. 

1/6/2023 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $470K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Sep/2021
Message 262 of 543
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

Does the double cash back available for Discover More card as well?

1/6/2023 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $470K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Sep/2021
Message 263 of 543
leoment
Frequent Contributor

Just spoke with a really pleasant guy named Brian, and am enrolled for the double cashback!  My statement closes on the 12th, so I'm golden from 6.13.15 - 6.12.16 Smiley Very Happy

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 264 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know how long this promotion is open for?  I've seen the date July 31 mentioned but haven't seen anything official from Discover. I've got another card's signup bonus that I'm trying to meet in the nearterm, so I want to delay this card as late as possible while still getting the double-cash promotion

Thanks

Message 265 of 543
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

I was just told that it is not available on my account Smiley Indifferent

discover.png

Just got off the phone with Discover and I am officially enrolled in double cash back!  AND I see that Amazon.com is 5% for the 3rd QTR Smiley Happy

Message 266 of 543
Mellon
Established Contributor

Just spoke with Brian.. and I'm all signed up!!!! If it wasn't for this board I likely would not have known about this!!!

Message 267 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

@googlre10 wrote:

Does the double cash back available for Discover More card as well?

No.  If you have the Discover More, you'll have to convert it to a Discover it first.  Of course, there's nothing but upside on converting to it anyway.  But (for me, anyway) it means that the conversion to it won't be until my statement cuts on June 11th, then I can sign up for the promo, which would take effect after my July 11th statement.

Chris.

Message 268 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Just chatted with a rep as a new applicant.   She said that you cannot get a second card with Discover until the first has been opened at least a year (and no Miles card is that old!)  Don't know if it is true or well known, but that means no app for me.

Heehee, because of this thread (oh gosh), fell out of garden, approved 4500 discover it.  Amazon, here I come, 6 months at 5% or more.

But it was worth it Smiley Happy lol. 

Happy that the majority if not all of the members have been able to get this promotion Smiley Happy

Don't want to keep repeating what many forum members have stated but my CSR said "Any and all cash back, we do not want to limit your purchases whether they are 5%, 10% through shop discover or 1% regular. If you make $2000 cashback in the calender year after your next statement, we will match your $2000 after the 12 billing cycles". 

Anyway, congratulations to everyone ! 

Message 269 of 543
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@googlre10 wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

Just spoke with a CS rep:  All customers can sign up June 1st but the "double cashabck" won't kick in until after your first cycle closes.  For me, my statement cuts on the 25th, so June 26 is the first day for me.  Also, you will get your regular cashback bonus through the 12 months, on the 13th statement you will receive the credit for the double promotion. 

Fine by me. I can wait.  Perhaps, this explains why they have been doling out the generous CLIs.Smiley Wink

This is good news! My statement cuts on the 19th so I got you by about a week. So next June will be nice when the reward from this next 12 months kicks in.

I guess another thought here would be to change the dates on your Discover card so it closes earlier in the month of June if you want to try to take advantage earlier than your current close date.

I think, changing the dates would be in effect from next month onwards. 

You are correct. It would actually set the start date back a month, but it was worth checking out.

Message 270 of 543
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.