Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Doubles Cash Bonus for 12 Month

tag
L-TWT
Established Contributor

Re: Discover Doubles Cash Bonus for 12 Month

I just signed up for the double cash back promotion. The process was easy breezy. Now, I'm conflicted on which card to use, Double Cash or Discover It!! What the h*ll I'll just use both! Smiley LOL

Message 311 of 543
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@L-TWT wrote:

I just signed up for the double cash back promotion. The process was easy breezy. Now, I'm conflicted on which card to use, Double Cash or Discover It!! What the h*ll I'll just use both! Smiley LOL

For non-category spending it makes more sense to use the DC, as you get the 2% earlier.

Message 312 of 543
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

The information I got from CS is that the double only applies to 1% and 5% categories, not applying to Discover Deal. Hope this clarifies.
Message 313 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 314 of 543
yfan
Valued Contributor

@pastnow123 wrote:
The information I got from CS is that the double only applies to 1% and 5% categories, not applying to Discover Deal. Hope this clarifies.

I specifically asked my rep about Discover Deal purchases and she plainly said that ALL cashback, including what is received through Discover Deals, is doubled.

Message 315 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

i wanna follow
Message 316 of 543
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@pastnow123 wrote:

And lots of people have heard the opposite, so it doesn't really clarify!

This CSR confusion has been my experience with Discover (on the Miles card) really more than any other issuer, they don't train their CSRs quickly     And I don't understand why it is so hard for them, very small product set and it's not as if people are asking particularly esoteric questions!    You offer "double cash".   A very predictable question is "What counts", and again, there is a very small set of things that might count:

1) 1% category

2) 5% category

3) Discover Deals

4) Sign up bonus if any

Could have clearly communicated to the reps which of  these counts, along with the info that has been shared (13 month payout etc)

Message 317 of 543
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Got mine added!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 318 of 543
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Followed up my morning call with an afternoon chat session (I forgot something earlier). Rep signed me up so as soon as I my statement cuts on the 3rd, activation of the bonus kicks in. Then I requested the new card they were to send for PCing from More to It be a chip card, specifically a Los Amgeles Kings chip card. Rep was very helpful in getting that taken care of. I asked if I'd need to call back after statement cuts to activate and check on new card... the rep said I didn't have to do that, but they'd send me a secure message letting me know everything had been done. Very painless. 

Recap: bonus activates on 4th, new It chip card will be mailed, cash back deals galore...

Message 319 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

I enrolled for Discover double cashback bonus today. Thank you everyone for your inputs.

Message 320 of 543
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.