Discover Doubles Cash Bonus for 12 Month

tag
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Re: Discover Doubles Cash Bonus for 12 Month

@Closingracer99 wrote:

Can't do it on the website at all?

Nope!  Ya gotta call 'em Smiley Wink

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 331 of 543
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

So something I just thought of, as an exisiting card member I can send referrals and I get and the person that applies gets a $50 cashback bonus for signing up. With this promotion does that mean those referals are doubled too?

Message 332 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

so can we still access and spend the first half (5%) before we wait a year for the other?

so its double, but the other half doesnt come right away?

Message 333 of 543
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

Signed up today, but also need to catch up on spending on my Hilton HHonors Reserve card to get a free night (I rerouted $3k of spending for an AAdvantage promotional offer).

Message 334 of 543
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

so can we still access and spend the first half (5%) before we wait a year for the other?

so its double, but the other half doesnt come right away?

Yes, the normal cashback is available each month once the monthly statement cuts. You get the rest of the double bonus promo on your 13th statement.

Message 335 of 543
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

so can we still access and spend the first half (5%) before we wait a year for the other? Absolutely! No need to wait.

so its double, but the other half doesnt come right away?  The other half will be credited on the 13th statement.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 336 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

very very VERY cool! my family member has the IT. We have been saving the cash back for the gift card redemption. U can get really good deals on doubling the money for car rental and extra for random places!

Message 337 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Just chatted with a rep as a new applicant.   She said that you cannot get a second card with Discover until the first has been opened at least a year (and no Miles card is that old!)  Don't know if it is true or well known, but that means no app for me.

Heehee, because of this thread (oh gosh), fell out of garden, approved 4500 discover it.  Amazon, here I come, 6 months at 5% or more.

Indeed, but don't you mean 6 months at 10% or more?  Discover has Amazon as a named category in Q3, and Q4 they normally have all online purchases (which would include Amazon.com) at 5% cashback.  So 10% both quarters, right?

Chris.

CSR said amazon MIGHT not be fourth quarter.

That's interesting.  Does that mean that Q4 might not include online purchases at 5%?  Or that it would be online purchases with Amazon.com excluded?

Chris.

Message 338 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought about this whole deal overnight and question if it truly is a good deal. Sure, it's great for the rotating categories and Discover Deals, as you can get huge amounts of cash back. On the other hand, the base 2% doesn't seem truly worth it if you already have a 2% card like DC.
Message 339 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I thought about this whole deal overnight and question if it truly is a good deal. Sure, it's great for the rotating categories and Discover Deals, as you can get huge amounts of cash back. On the other hand, the base 2% doesn't seem truly worth it if you already have a 2% card like DC.

I don't have the 2% DC, so this is a good deal for me for sure. I am gardening until the end of the year at earliest, so I'm going to really benefit from this.

Message 340 of 543
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.