Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Doubles Cash Bonus for 12 Month

tag
Reincarnated
New Contributor

Re: Discover Doubles Cash Bonus for 12 Month

Thank you!

Just chatted with a representative and they signed me up!

AMAZING!

Chase Freedom $1,000 // Discover It $3,100 // SallieMae World $4,400 // Capital One Quicksilver $5,000 // Citibank Double Cash $5,000 // AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $6,000 // AMEX Blue Cash Everyday $21,000
Message 381 of 543
adavis425
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello to the esteemed members of the forum. Have been on and off the forum but have yet to contribute. 

Anyway, just got off the phone with Discover CS. Sign up starts on June 1st and they will double all cashback including Shop DIscover for 12 month! (5% categories turn to 10%, Shop Discover goes from 1% to 2% etc.)  The first statement does not count, so if your statement cuts on June 10, your double rewards will start June 11th. 

This, along with the recent CLIs that Discover has been offering has just made it my favorite card in my wallet!

Registration is available online or over the phone: starting June 1st!

Good looking out!!! I just enrolled through chat. Took all of 90 seconds. Thanks!!

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 382 of 543
steel_string
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:
Thanks.   Not happy!   I called and they said that there is no set time limit and you can apply anytime (well, of course you can APPLY!) but she was clear that there is no set limit for approval.   So I applied, got a pull, and rejected for "TIME YOUR MOST RECENT DISCOVER CARD ACCOUNT HAS BEEN OPEN"   And looks like I did get a wasted EQ pull (845).   I called back, and a new agent agreed that there is no set rule but the algorithm can reject based on lack of history.

I'm thinking that you get the reject with no pull (with some message about an application in processing) if you're still in the new accounts system and get the pull (but possibly still a rejection with the message you received) if you've been removed from that system, but have a recent account in the main system. If they prune applications over 30 days old twice a month, that would explain the "30 to 45 days" that I was told.

The first time I called (to check my limit and APR), the CSR had to put me on hold twice while she found out how to manually force the data in the new accounts system to transfer to the main account system where she could see my limit (but still couldn't tell me the APR,  which turns out to be 17.99%). It got *really* messy when I was considering switching to the regular It. The woman from New Accounts could resurrect my rejected app if the first card was closed, but she couldn't close a card or explain the double cash back offer. The guy she transferred me to in the Discover It group could explain the offer and close an It Miles account, but he couldn't approve the second app. And of course, he could offer to PC to the It, but not until some future, unspecified time. Seems like Discover's customer service systems are a mess.

Ah, well. Got my It Miles today, and I'm going to rack up some cashback on anything that Sallie Mae won't give me 5% on.

Chase Sapphire Preferred ($24.005k), Fidelity VS ($17K), United MileagePlus Explorer ($17K), Chase Freedom ($15K), Chase Freedom Unlimited ($15K), AmEx Blue Cash ($12.5K), IHG One Rewards Premier ($6.1K), US Bank Cash+ ($5K)
Message 383 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

My statement cuts today, I signed up on the 1st.  So starting tomorrow I am on double cash, I sent a secured email and verified yesterday that I was in fact signed up.  They stated I signed up on the 1st (as I did).

Big one is backcountry.com is 15% cashback and I am actually buying a few bike upgrades from them, this cashback will make one of the items free!

Message 384 of 543
Bman70
Established Contributor

So can you pick when the double cash starts - by picking a statement date? The email I just got says the card is on its way, and that they will send my statements on the 20th of each month. I was approved on the 1st, seems like I would have a statement date sooner than the 20th. 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 385 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

I finally quit procrastinating and signed up via online chat. It was easy peasy. Double Rewards will begin with my next billing cycle (statement cuts on the 18th I think), and double rewards will show up after the 12th month is over. I think I love Discover!

Message 386 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score!

I'm gonna have to check the site to see where I can get the most bang for my double-cashback buck.

Message 387 of 543
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Just signed up via chat...could not have been easier!

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 388 of 543
newhis
Valued Contributor

@toothgrind3r wrote:

Just signed up via chat...could not have been easier!

Chat is a fast way to do it, wow, thanks. Too bad my card cuts around the 20th.

Message 389 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI.

The promo is in wallaby for anyone who uses the app.  My QS all but disappeared when I activated the bonus.

Message 390 of 543
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.