Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Doubles Cash Bonus for 12 Month

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Doubles Cash Bonus for 12 Month

Hello to the esteemed members of the forum. Have been on and off the forum but have yet to contribute. 

Anyway, just got off the phone with Discover CS. Sign up starts on June 1st and they will double all cashback including Shop DIscover for 12 month! (5% categories turn to 10%, Shop Discover goes from 1% to 2% etc.)  The first statement does not count, so if your statement cuts on June 10, your double rewards will start June 11th. 

This, along with the recent CLIs that Discover has been offering has just made it my favorite card in my wallet!

Registration is available online or over the phone: starting June 1st!

Message 1 of 543
542 REPLIES 542
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover Doubles Cash Bonus for 12 Month

Is this a targeted offer or is everyone elegible?

Message 2 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

I'm wondering if it's only for new cards starting June 1.

Message 3 of 543
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

Woah, so this effectively makes this a 2% card with 10% bonus categories over the next year?

Message 4 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I have had the card for over a year. Called in and requested the promotion. The nice lady in Ohio went over all the details that I mentioned and said to either call or go online on June 1st. Does not seem to be restricted to new members Smiley Happy 

Message 5 of 543
dwz55
Regular Contributor

I'm going to need some photographic evidence first before I squeal with delight.

TU 780 April 2014
EQ 797 May 2014
EX 786 May 2014
Message 6 of 543
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

I'm wondering if it's only for new cards starting June 1.

I'm thinking this is the case, just to promote new sign ups. If not, it'll become my preferred card for a while.

Message 7 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't give you any photographic evidence, but if you have a minute you can contact Discover CS and they will walk you through it. They are very well aware of the promotion. I believe you can "squeal away with delight" Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 543
Bman70
Established Contributor

I can't find any info online, Googled and went to discover.com.

Does this mean I'd need to apply before June 1? I don't currently have a Discover, but have a promo mailer for $150 signup.

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 9 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GoldSorata wrote:

Woah, so this effectively makes this a 2% card with 10% bonus categories over the next year?

I'm definitely in if this is the case. 

So, the July-Sept 5% will now be 10%. Not much that will excite me anyway next quarter, although I guess if I go to Lowes I'll use the Discover card since Lowes won't give me their own card since I cancelled their worthless $500 limit one I never used back when I didn't have a pot to p&^* in. I'm guessing that will be under Home Improvement.

Discover.jpg

Message 10 of 543
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.