Did you mean: 

Discover Doubles Cash Bonus for 12 Month

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Doubles Cash Bonus for 12 Month

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I called, couldn't help myself. Rep knew exactly what I was referring to and asked how I heard about it. I said my sister was told about the promotion and contacted me Smiley Tongue He explained it exactly as its written here. 1% is now 2%, Shop Discover deals are double for 12 months and extra cash back issued at the 13th statement.

Just fyi he didn't believe there would be an online enrollment option and encouraged me to call Monday to sign up.

Will have to keep an eye on it Monday because the rep I spoke to an hour ago said it will be something we can sign up for on their website. I wonder how heavily they will promote this.

An online option is logical. I think Discover is smart enough to realize there'd be a significant surge in phone calls without one.

Message 41 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Glad I could finally contribute to the community. You're all welcome and I hope that each and everyone one of us gets the most out of this !

Welcome to myFICO and I hope you stop by this community a lot. Great people and lots of great ideas, support and heads up on things like the new Discover promo. If I didn't belong to this community, I'd have no idea this was coming for Discover. Thanks!

Message 42 of 543
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Wish this was on the miles card as well!

I guess this can still be profitable for them because the 5x has a low cap, so this just doubles max cash to $600 a year, and maybe for discover deals they are sharing the icnreased costs with the partners.  But still seems expensive for them   (Maybe the plan is to go out of business in Dec, so they don't have to pay the double rewards on this or the Miles card!)

LOL at the "plan for going out of business" comment.  Smiley LOL 

Message 43 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've learned that logic is not always involved when it comes to lenders. Of course an online option would be convenient and I'll check for it but I don't mind making a quick call if it isn't there.
Message 44 of 543
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Glad I could finally contribute to the community. You're all welcome and I hope that each and everyone one of us gets the most out of this !

Thanks OP bravo

You can tell us now that you work for Discover in the PR dept 

Lol

And a big welcome to the forum from all of us Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 45 of 543
Cory
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Wish this was on the miles card as well!

I guess this can still be profitable for them because the 5x has a low cap, so this just doubles max cash to $600 a year, and maybe for discover deals they are sharing the icnreased costs with the partners.  But still seems expensive for them   (Maybe the plan is to go out of business in Dec, so they don't have to pay the double rewards on this or the Miles card!)

Lol! Longtime, you are to funny. BTW, I always love your sense of humor on this forum.

Message 46 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! The It is on my hit list for Sept/Oct mini-spree. This is awesome.

Message 47 of 543
Cory
Established Contributor

So am I understanding this right that the bonus categories which are at now/and will be offered 5%, go up to 10% for 12 billing cycles? Plus, 2% cashback on all other spending categories? Wow! Longtimelurker's "going out of business" comment could prove true then.

Message 48 of 543
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice! The It is on my hit list for Sept/Oct mini-spree. This is awesome.

I believe you need to opt-in for the promotion by July 31, 2015.   Someone else please confirm or refute.

Message 49 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really? What a gloomy and negative assumption during such a happy time Smiley Very Happy Look at it this way. If they were going out of business we'd be no worse off than before. Still getting the regular benefits for spending. Smiley Happy
Message 50 of 543
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.