Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Doubles Cash Bonus for 12 Month

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Doubles Cash Bonus for 12 Month

Hehehe and i close on a house in june. And have a pile of cash banked to spend. Lookout belowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Message 61 of 543
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hehehe and i close on a house in june. And have a pile of cash banked to spend. Lookout belowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Congrats on the new house!!  Happy shopping.Smiley Happy

Message 62 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Glad I could finally contribute to the community. You're all welcome and I hope that each and everyone one of us gets the most out of this !

Thanks OP bravo

You can tell us now that you work for Discover in the PR dept 

Lol

And a big welcome to the forum from all of us Smiley Wink

Thank you all for the warm welcome! LOL on the PR department. All the CCC could learn a lesson or two from monitoring this community.

Message 63 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is really exciting, thanks so much OP! And everyone who checked to confirm! 

I am slightly confused though based on some of the followup replies I read. Does the double bonus also apply to the 5% categories making them 10%? Or is this only for non-category and things through the Deals portal?

Message 64 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is really exciting, thanks so much OP! And everyone who checked to confirm! 

I am slightly confused though based on some of the followup replies I read. Does the double bonus also apply to the 5% categories making them 10%? Or is this only for non-category and things through the Deals portal?

Me too. I've been working off and on and reading this thread in pieces as it's developed. 

Things that are in play: 

-regular 1% spend

-rotating 5% categories (and their caps)

-deals - which can be Cash Back Bonus, Instant Savings, and Statement Credit and can vary in the % 

(so the question on them is are they all doubled? or only some?) 

And am I understanding that the promotional bonus will be on 13th statement (sort of like AmEx TE) or a super delayed DC? I'm guessing that's for any promotional doubling. 

Message 65 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

!!!HOORAY!!!

-thank you, for the heads up-Smiley Very Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello to the esteemed members of the forum. Have been on and off the forum but have yet to contribute. 

Anyway, just got off the phone with Discover CS. Sign up starts on June 1st and they will double all cashback including Shop DIscover for 12 month! (5% categories turn to 10%, Shop Discover goes from 1% to 2% etc.)  The first statement does not count, so if your statement cuts on June 10, your double rewards will start June 11th. 

This, along with the recent CLIs that Discover has been offering has just made it my favorite card in my wallet!

Registration is available online or over the phone: starting June 1st!

Message 66 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Me too. I've been working off and on and reading this thread in pieces as it's developed. 

Things that are in play: 

-regular 1% spend

-rotating 5% categories (and their caps)

-deals - which can be Cash Back Bonus, Instant Savings, and Statement Credit and can vary in the % 

(so the question on them is are they all doubled? or only some?) 

And am I understanding that the promotional bonus will be on 13th statement (sort of like AmEx TE) or a super delayed DC? I'm guessing that's for any promotional doubling. 

Is this part confirmed?

Message 67 of 543
IFtkkdx428
Regular Contributor

Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 9.20.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-05-30 at 9.21.00 PM.png

Message 68 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, that chat makes it sound like it's for new card holders only...

ETA: Maybe it's just contextual...the way it was being asked. 

Message 69 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked about regular 1%, 5% categories and Discover Deals. All confirmed.

But now I have a question. If you use a merchant through Discover Deals that also qualifies as a 5% category how does that work? Say Macy's is 10% back through Discover Deals but also a 5% department store category at the time.
Do I get a total of 15% back when purchasing and then another 15% at the 13th statement?
Message 70 of 543
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.