Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover FICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover FICO

I am a new member of the Discover family and when I click the link in my account for my FICO score it says "We don't have a FICO score for you" and then some reasons why that might be but none of those reasons are "you're account is too new".  My question is does it take a little while, like first statement, to generate a FICO or do I need to contact them to activate the feature.  I have only had my card about a week.  I can chat with them when I get home but figured you guys would be quicker.

Thanks

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover FICO

I got approved for my card on June 1st and the fico score showed up on the 14th.

Message 2 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Discover updates it on statement day, if you dont generate a statement with activity then it doesnt update.

Message 3 of 16
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

I got my card last year but I recall it taking a few weeks, maybe even until the first statement cut.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, thanks everyone...i figured as much but my barclay reported a fico immediately and didn't want to wait if I had to opt in or something

Message 5 of 16
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

ok, thanks everyone...i figured as much but my barclay reported a fico immediately and didn't want to wait if I had to opt in or something

Barclays' one isn't tied to the statement generation. I don't even know what it's tied to. Anyway, it seems to update every 2 months, and I might be wrong, but it updates when you actually look at the score; similar to Cap One's FAKO. I mean, it won't update any faster than 2 months (or 30 days in case of Cap One), but if you don't check exactly on that day, it seems to take longer (i.e. refreshes when you check the next time). Also, it doesn't show up on your statement.

Discover's one is pretty streamlined. They seem to pull 6 days before your statement is supposed to be generated, and then show it if there's activity. They show it one day ahead of time online, and also on your statement document.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good info, thanks
Message 7 of 16
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Good info, thanks

You're welcome Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 16
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Discover updates it on statement day, if you dont generate a statement with activity then it doesnt update.

I hadn't used mine for 2 months and it generated scores for me 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently got the Discover IT card and can confirm the FICO score shows up after my 1st statement.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.