Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Graduation Hopes

tag
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

Discover Graduation Hopes

Today, my 7th statement cuts.  Crossing my fingers.  My score updated earlier than usual.  Typically have to wait for my statement to cut prior to seeing new score, prob has nothing to do with anything.  I will keep everyone posted.  I log in every few hours, looking for activity. HAHA.  Posted my scores from the Discover site below (I'm assuming these are the scores they use?)

Disco.png

Ok credit, getting better.....slowly.... Can't seem to stay in the Garden for any extended period of time. I'm trying. Mid to upper 600's across the board.
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Graduation Hopes

Good luck!! Yeah, keep logging in. You'll see it there before you get any notice from Discover, or at least I did. My CL went up once it was unsecured so that's how I knew. I would have deposited more $$ had I known it was going to happen before 12 months. Your limit will be at least the same as it is currently. One it unsecures, go in and request a CLI. Most of us early graduates from November got some kind of increase. Mine went from $200 to $500 to $1,000.
Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sending mucho, mucho Graduation vibes your way!

DISCOVER, please give JimBo99 a great Graduation and a ticket on the CLI train! 

Oh and Discover, don't you, forget about me on 2/4/2017! Don't, don't, don't, don't! 
Don't you, forget about me! 

Message 3 of 30
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Typically Disco uses the TU score they provide.  It's not an automatic at month 7 but, it's when they start looking at them.  Most have been converting within a week or two of the 7th.  You did manage to get a 50 point pop in your score though which means things are going in the right direction.  Resist the urge to app for anything for another 6 months and you should easily hit 700+.

Just relax and it will happen soon enough!

Message 4 of 30
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

That's a nice bump in score but as it's been said, please do not app for any new cards and simply work on growing your existing cards. You'll see the ceiling of 600s or the next floor (700s) within months.
769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 5 of 30
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

No new cards for at least 6 months!  The NFCU Secured is my last app for a while.  Garden time for sure.  Thanks everyone for the good vibes!

Ok credit, getting better.....slowly.... Can't seem to stay in the Garden for any extended period of time. I'm trying. Mid to upper 600's across the board.
Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the card in June of 2016. Did everything responsible and my credit went up 100 points (from 569 to 669) between June 2016 and December 2016. On January 9th, they sent me an email congratulating me on my responsibility and they sent my deposit back in the mail. My CL is now $1250. A month later, my credit score went up 9 more points on TU (I think that's the one Discover uses) to 678. 

Should I ask for a CLI? I see people saying resist the urge to apply for another card for at least six months but this card is my only card. BTW, I'm happy with Discover but the second card I'm looking at is Chase Freedom or AMEX Blue cash Everyday. Very tempting but I'll hold off for now.

Message 7 of 30
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

Alas, it did not graduate this past cycle.  But, they peek at my report around the 27th and according to CCT, my TU FICO is now 678 and I've been taking it easy on the use of the DIsco card and using my NFCU card as my daily driver until after Disco's Statement posts as $0 balance.  I've been reading that they dont like a lot of use...  Maybe March is my month, sigh.... haha

Message 8 of 30
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

The crockpot method works well with Disco when getting to know each other.  Some even go as low as just putting Netflix on there and setting it to autopay.  Seeing these amazing jumps in your score looks like a good signal that your reports are aging nicely!  

I find myself saying that watching a pot and waiting for the water to boil is similar to credit and Disco... When you're not watching it is when it will boil!!!  Just keep doing whatever you're doing and when you're not looking you'll see a CLI show up on your account and get a check in the mail and a week later you'll be able to request a CLI.

Message 9 of 30
newhis
Valued Contributor

The 'peek' was on TU? I guess they have to do it to get your new TU score.

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.