Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Graduation Hopes

tag
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover Graduation Hopes

So.....  I woke up, logged in to see if I graduated.  Get a message that my account had suspicous activity and they are sending me a new card.  Yay.....   Is this code for, "Congrats!  Your card has graduated" ?   Good luck to everyone else.  Discover doesn't like something on my report, ugh....

**UPDATE**

I called and spoke with a CSR.  If a mechant you've used recently reports some kind of breach in security.  Disco will assign a new number, something along those lines.  Old card is still active until I get and activate my new card.  Weird...

Ok credit, getting better.....slowly.... Can't seem to stay in the Garden for any extended period of time. I'm trying. Mid to upper 600's across the board.
Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JimBo99 wrote:

So.....  I woke up, logged in to see if I graduated.  Get a message that my account had suspicous activity and they are sending me a new card.  Yay.....   Is this code for, "Congrats!  Your card has graduated" ?   Good luck to everyone else.  Discover doesn't like something on my report, ugh....

**UPDATE**

I called and spoke with a CSR.  If a mechant you've used recently reports some kind of breach in security.  Disco will assign a new number, something along those lines.  Old card is still active until I get and activate my new card.  Weird...

This happened to me too ... a month or so ago. And I was hoping the same thing ... hmm, maybe with a new card number comes a graduation??? 

No ... it didn't. 

Somehow my Disco was used for an Uber somewhere, nowhere near where I am ... if I recall correct, the shut the account down until I got my new card. Subtle difference in what you said Jimbo ... one is a merchant breach, somehow my card number was taken. 

Message 22 of 30
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JimBo99 wrote:

**UPDATE**

This happened to me too ... a month or so ago. And I was hoping the same thing ... hmm, maybe with a new card number comes a graduation??? 

No ... it didn't. 

Somehow my Disco was used for an Uber somewhere, nowhere near where I am ... if I recall correct, the shut the account down until I got my new card. Subtle difference in what you said Jimbo ... one is a merchant breach, somehow my card number was taken. 

Yeah, she specifically told me,  if they had detected fraud, they would've killed the card.   But, they were just taking precautions at this time.  I'm glad I can still use the card for gas, as I am traveling this weekend! 

Ok credit, getting better.....slowly.... Can't seem to stay in the Garden for any extended period of time. I'm trying. Mid to upper 600's across the board.
Message 23 of 30
mysterythemoon
Regular Contributor

My Disco graduated after the 7th month with a lower TU FICO than yours. How they decide who graduates and who doesn't isnt exactly clear. I can tell you I plaid in full every month and usually had a util under 9% across the board on other cards. However, when I asked for a CLI once it graduated, they declined and said they'd need to see more evidence of responsibility with the unsecured version. The CSR also said in her opinion Disco was the most conservative major CC company, which sucks because with this 200 limit, in comparison to my CSP 10,000 limit, the Disco still gives better rewards with this cash back bonus thing. Just hard to carry a card that only has a 200 limit.

Started on July 4th, 2016 with 400's FAKO scores, no FICO, a dozen baddies and no credit of any kind.

As of March 2018, Before The Fall:
AmEx Blue Cash Everyday: $12,600
Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,000
Bank Of America BankAmericard: $6,000
Capital One Quicksilver One: $5,500
Citi Diamond Preferred: $5,400
NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $5,100
NFCU Go Rewards MasterCard World: $5,000
Wells Fargo Propel: $3,500
Barclay's Uber Visa: $2,500
AmEx Starwood Preferred Guest: $2,000
Citi Double Cash: $1,500
AmEx Hilton Honors: $1,000
Discover It: $600
Capital One Platinum: $500

TOTAL 2018 CREDIT LINE: $61,200

JUNE 2023 UPDATE
2020: COVID toppled me. All old accounts went into default. Business lost. Car repossessed.
2021: Cap1 let me back in (one secured/two not). Secured Mission Lane. AU on AMEX Gold, Citi Premier and Chase Sapphire. Car loan approved without cosigner for $20,000. All current.
Currently: No lawsuits. Thinking most SOL have expired on CC debt. Fingers crossed my math and memory are correct.

CURRENT SITUATION:
Mission Lane Secured: $3,400 (SL $400 -- unasked for CLI)
Capital One Secured: $300
Capital One QS1: $300
Capital One Savor: $1,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,000 (AU)
AMEX Gold: No Preset Limit (AU)
Citi Premier: $8,500 (AU)

SPRING 2026
ALL BADDIES DROP
Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mysterythemoon wrote:

My Disco graduated after the 7th month with a lower TU FICO than yours. How they decide who graduates and who doesn't isnt exactly clear. 

One pattern I've seen with Disco is that they don't like you getting a lot of cards. They want to be your daily driver...

Message 25 of 30
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

It FINNALLY Happened!!!   Got the email this AM.  Getting my deposit back.  CL went from $500 to $1250.   This will be statement 14?  Not really sure what changed.

So happy right now  :-)  

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That took a while. 

Message 27 of 30
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! That took a while. 

Thank you!  Yeah, it did. Haha!

Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

WTG on that sweet graduation. I am so jelly.
Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't worry about applying for anything. Go ahead if you think you need a new cc. My discover graduated after 6 months. I got a new car, refinanced another car thru a different credit union and got 3 ccs. 1 thru credit union and 2 amex so I don't think that matters to them. But that's just what happen in my case though. Btw TU is 643 and not a clean report either. But no miss payment on none of my current bills. They are all from older loans.
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.