Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Graduation.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Graduation.

Congrats I opened my discover it card aug 6th hoping for same outcome any luck on a cli
Message 21 of 31
tschaet
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Very weird that they haven't graduated.  Something might be spooking them!

Any of the following happen to you ever with Discover?

• You included them in bankruptcy (IIB) or had a chargeoff with them (CO)?
  • You missed a payment due date but were not 30 days late?
  • A payment you made was returned to them as unpaid?
  • You went overlimit (once or numerous times)?
  • You use the card frequently for cash advances?
  • Called their CSR and acted mean/complained/threatened to close accounts/etc?

Just curious -- I have no data points on any of these, I just figured maybe you are a risky borrower based on what they see directly?

Nope.  Never over limit, no cash advances, no returned payments, never a bankruptcy, etc.  I called a CSR and they said early on I was 2 days past the date for one of my payments, but that was it.  I wasn't aware of it, but it has been well over a year since then and no lates on any accounts on my report since 2015. 

Honestly, if it doesn't graduate soon, I'm not quite sure what the benefit is of me keeping it?  My report is much better than it was when I initially got it and my other cards are more.  It's a relatively small dent in my available credit.   

$1700$2000
5/2022 Credit Karma Scores:

April 2022 FICO Scores:

May 2022 FICO Scores:
Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

A payment two days past the due date is a late payment. It doesn't report as late to the bureaus because it isn't 30 days late but in the bank's internal system it is late.

On a rebuilder card you just can't be late, ever. Two days late means 27ish days since the statement told you when to pay and how much.

Unfortunately I think that's going to hold graduation back. The last 3 people who were unhappy about not graduating all had similar issues they didn't disclose.

I haven't tracked data points on those who graduated with an internal late on their internal profile, maybe some others can report back success or lack of it?

Be aware going forward that all vendors remember late payments even if they're not late enough to report to the bureaus.

See my signature link: autopay, autopay, autopay.

I'd say close the account if you're not getting benefits out of it and the limit doesn't help with aggregate utilization!

Message 23 of 31
tschaet
Regular Contributor

I know.  I wasn't aware because the online payment history doesn't go back that far.  Thankfully I called and she went over it with me.  I'll sit on it for a little bit more.  If it doesn't graduate soon, though, then I'll likely just close it.  There's no benefit to me keeping a card with such a low limit on it if it's not going to improve.  

$1700$2000

April 2022 FICO Scores:

May 2022 FICO Scores:
Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

They're good folk over there. Maybe write the EO and explain the late and see if they can remove the internal flagging?

Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

My secured discover card Graduated today. Luv didn't work. How long should I wait before trying again
Message 26 of 31
tschaet
Regular Contributor

Oddly enough, I woke up this morning to an alert on my phone app. Signed in and it looks like I was approved for the upgrade this morning. My APR dropped and my limit was trippled from $400 to $1250. Now it's time to research their CLI and whether it's a hard or soft pull.
$1700$2000

April 2022 FICO Scores:

May 2022 FICO Scores:
Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tschaet wrote:
Oddly enough, I woke up this morning to an alert on my phone app. Signed in and it looks like I was approved for the upgrade this morning. My APR dropped and my limit was trippled from $400 to $1250. Now it's time to research their CLI and whether it's a hard or soft pull.

Congrats!

Discover LUV button CLI requests are always a soft pull -- unless they need to do a HP then they will ask you before you can continue.

Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will inform you of HP before they do it. Mine graduated 2 days ago and I tried luv with no luck
Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 2 unpaid collections when I was graduated
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.