cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Hard Pulled Without Permission. What Should I Do? What Can I Do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Hard Pulled Without Permission. What Should I Do? What Can I Do?

I contacted Discover for a lower APR. I specifically asked the CSR if they would do a hard pull if I asked for a lower APR. She said they would not. I explained to her that I paid off my balance every month, and if this was going involve a hard pull, then I did not wish to proceed. She ensured me that it would not and processed to check for me. She told me that I able to get a lower APR and advised me to call back from time to time to check for their promotional rate.

Just now, I received a secure message from Discover. A letter explains that my request for lower APR was declined and I can obtain a free copy of credit report.

She hard pulled my credit report without my permission.

What should I do? What can I do? Smiley Sad

Thank you! 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Hard Pulled Without Permission. What Should I Do? What Can I Do?

I would think they would be able to pull your call up, since it's recorded. Contact the EO. Good luck.

Message 2 of 15
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

I don't think you can do anything.

Seriously.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 3 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I contacted Discover for a lower APR. I specifically asked the CSR if they would do a hard pull if I asked for a lower APR. She said they would not. I explained to her that I paid off my balance every month, and if this was going involve a hard pull, then I did not wish to proceed. She ensured me that it would not and processed to check for me. She told me that I able to get a lower APR and advised me to call back from time to time to check for their promotional rate.

Just now, I received a secure message from Discover. A letter explains that my request for lower APR was declined and I can obtain a free copy of credit report.

Thank you! 

are you sure they did a HP?

if you just got the alert for your discover account of a letter and it says you can get a feww copy of your credit report that doesn't mean they for sure pulled a hp, they could use what is on file like Sync does.

APR should not involve a credit pull and never has for me in the past.

Message 4 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you! 

if you just got the alert for your discover account of a letter and it says you can get a feww copy of your credit report that doesn't mean they for sure pulled a hp, they could use what is on file like Sync does.

^^^this

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would think they would be able to pull your call up, since it's recorded. Contact the EO. Good luck.

Thank you but I don't know what's EO.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you! 

No, I'm not sure. I will call to find out tomorrow.

Thank you. 

Message 7 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

go sign up for creditkarma and see if you see an inq there

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@09Lexie wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you! 

^^^this

I certainly hope so

Thank you! 

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

go sign up for creditkarma and see if you see an inq there

Got it. Going to sign up now.

Thank you, CreditAddict. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.