Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Hidden Fees

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover Hidden Fees

Sounds like an easy fix, most businesses have holiday hours, not a big deal. I would bet this can be summarily addressed by a simple call or secure message, wouldn't sweat such an easy fix but glad you caught it, rather alarming this happened w/o your expressed consent, no matter the reason. I try to assume the best in people, incl bank and law firm employees- except in the face of compelling evidence to the contrary Smiley Happy

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 11 of 16
RushXTC
Established Contributor

@Hairy_Satchel wrote:

Everyone needs to be aware that Discover has been behaving badly and has taken it upon them selves to sign me up for payment protection without my consent. Payment protection cost more per month that I pay in interest to them all year. And trying to contact a human being at Discover to fix the problem, is near impossible. Check your statement often.  Bankers, like lawyers are nothing but liars and cheats. 

I've had no problems with my Discover.

And also, For the bolded statement, It just depends on which banker/lawyer you talk to.

If you want cheap, You get cheap.. My lawyers have been doing great in keeping me out of jail, If it wasn't for them I'd be serving a 5 year sentence in Federal Prison. You get what you pay for. (Not really on topic, but since you mentioned it anyways)

Message 12 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@Hairy_Satchel wrote:

Everyone needs to be aware that Discover has been behaving badly and has taken it upon them selves to sign me up for payment protection without my consent. Payment protection cost more per month that I pay in interest to them all year. And trying to contact a human being at Discover to fix the problem, is near impossible. Check your statement often.  Bankers, like lawyers are nothing but liars and cheats. 

This certainly doesn't sound like anything Discover would do deliberately. Perhaps an accident on your part of theirs, but it's a pretty long leap to conclude that all bankers are liars and cheats based on what might be an isolated mishap.

+1

Exactly.

Message 13 of 16
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

OP The same happened to me. I barely ever look at my statetments (my fault), I got a refund of over 1100$ from Discover for the protection cost.

Message 14 of 16
Exonumist
Established Contributor

FWIW Discover has always been good to me. Any problem I have had has been resolved very easily and fast. Idk... Good luck I guess.

Message 15 of 16
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Hairy_Satchel wrote:

They did my Cousin the same way. I had her to call them and they refunded her every penny in which she had paid them dating back to 2008 ( $1050.00) including the interest She just called them about 2 weeks ago . Also the CSR was very nice and she got the refund without any trouble.

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.