Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT AU?

tag
raydmercer2345
Regular Contributor

Discover IT AU?

Was looking to add my Uncle as an authorized user on my Discover IT card but it doesn't ask for his SSN#. How can it report on his credit report without asking for it? Im trying to help rebuild his credit. Thanks for any info.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT AU?

Im guessing it doesn't report for them. I have had other accounts with other companies that I have added AUs on, and they did ask for ssn. We rceived different card numbers for those cards. But on my Discover, the card numbers are the same and they didn't ask for the AUs ssn. The cards are identical except for the name on it.
Message 2 of 5
newhis
Valued Contributor

I added my DW to my Discover, it reports to TU and EQ only. I guess they report the name/address and the bureaus match the record with her report.

The funny thing is that her Discover only reports to TU and EQ. So her EX looks better not having that $500 limit that she can't get a SP CLI.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I added my 17 year old sister to my It card and it also didn't ask for an SSN. I called Discover to ask why and to make sure the history would still report for her. They told me that right now it isn't but they offered to put her SSN on file so it would and presumably it is now reporting. However, credit karma require you to be 18 to sign up so I can't actually check her reports to be sure

Message 4 of 5
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I added my 17 year old sister to my It card and it also didn't ask for an SSN. I called Discover to ask why and to make sure the history would still report for her. They told me that right now it isn't but they offered to put her SSN on file so it would and presumably it is now reporting. However, credit karma require you to be 18 to sign up so I can't actually check her reports to be sure

This!

My DD was an AU on my discover card. Since we share the same home address it was reporting. Before I got ready to drop her as AU, I asked about it and they did take her SS then and push last report so that my $0 balance was the last report for her CR's. Since your uncle may not share your home address, I suggest calling and giving them his SS. 

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.