Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT - Best Place to Apply

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover IT - Best Place to Apply

My partner used a refer for Discover and got the 15 months 0% on BT... not sure if it was something different... I would just check... I just assumed they all had the 0% unless they offer you different terms based on credit not qualifying for best.

What are these posts about citi unlikely or harder?

my partner used the citi pre-qual and was offered simplicity and took it and got an instant $8500 with 18 months 0%.

Discover was also pretty much instant but only $4500

check citi pre-qual. They are also easier for CLI later down the road.

Message 11 of 16
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

I just noticed both Discover IT and Citi Simplicity have a 3% fee. Since I'll be transferring high balances (total around $8,000), the fee would be $240.

Is there any card which doesn't have a BT fee?

Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 12 of 16
enharu
Super Contributor

Slate is the only card that doesn't seem to have a BT fee. You can also check credit unions. They might have something similar
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 16
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

Citi Diamond Preferred also has a 18 months BT offer.

Is it a good card?

Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 14 of 16
enharu
Super Contributor

@cowboyguy wrote:

Citi Diamond Preferred also has a 18 months BT offer.

Is it a good card?

It is a good card. TBH it seems almost the same as Simplicity. I would just go with the Simplicity since there's a 21 month offer.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 16
HiLine
Blogger

There is always a trade-off with Discover cards. You either get the longest period of 0% APR, or you get the maximum cashback bonus, but you never get both. I believe you can still get a $200 sign-up bonus with 6 months of 0% APR, or 18 months of 0% APR without a sign-up bonus. The standard seems to be 14 months of introductory APR and $50-$75. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.