Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT CLI Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT CLI Question

I've heard different things about getting a CLI with Discover It. I've heard 90 days, 3 billing cycles, 6 months... does anyone know which is accurate? Mine is currently $1800 but my score has jumped significantly since I got the card, and I have been using it and PIF each month. My third statement just hit yesterday, should I go for it or wait a full 90 days? Longer? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover IT CLI Question

@Anonymous wrote:

I've heard different things about getting a CLI with Discover It. I've heard 90 days, 3 billing cycles, 6 months... does anyone know which is accurate? Mine is currently $1800 but my score has jumped significantly since I got the card, and I have been using it and PIF each month. My third statement just hit yesterday, should I go for it or wait a full 90 days? Longer? 

Thanks!

You can request a credit line increase after your 90 days or three billing cycles.  After that it can be anywhere from 31 days 61 days or 91 days depends on how discover feels. 

Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover IT CLI Question

Be aware that how often you can request and how often you qualify are two entirely different things.  The latter depends primarily on your credit profile and income just as it is with any creditor.  A creditor may allow you to request every X timeframe but you're not guaranteed to get a CLI every X timeframe.

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been using it and PIF each month.

Don't rely on the usage meme.  Again, primary considerations are credit profile and income at time of consideration.  It's not just the account itself that matters.  It's your entire credit profile.

@Anonymous wrote:

My third statement just hit yesterday, should I go for it or wait a full 90 days? Longer? 

It's not just a matter of time either.  Are you expecting additional significant improvements past 90 days?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.