Established Member
Fyre800

Discover IT CLI experience

Just wanted to share my experience with my Discover CLI

I got my Discover More in April 2012 and initially started with a $4k limit. In September I converted the card to a Discover IT and shortly after before my October statement was generated I got an autoCLI to $4250. That was kind of a slap in my face since I pushed almost 10k trough that card in less than 6 months.

Once the card hit the 6 month mark I called for a CLI to 7k and was promptly denied by I guess their computer system. I left it alone for a couple of days and decided I'd call the recon line. They connected me to the CLI department and the gentleman I spoke to said that he had to hard pull my Transunion. I asked if the CLI would be denied without the hard pull and he said that the initial denial was based on Discover's internal information and the summary of a credit report (soft pull) and that the denial would be final.

I agreed to hard pull my credit report and after a few questions he came back and approved me for 7.5k. To me the increase was big enough to warrant the inquiry.

Discover IT 12k, Discover Escape 8k, CSP 8k, US Bank 6k, AMEX Delta Gold 1k, AMEX Zync NPSL, Dillards AMEX 6k, Walmart Discover 7.5k, Lowes 10k

Starting Score: TU 701
Current Score: EQ 701 EX 706 TU 724
Goal Score: 760 Across the Board. Goals met: Mortgage! :smileyhappy:
Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

Re: Discover IT CLI experience

Congrats

Established Member
Fyre800

Re: Discover IT CLI experience

Discover IT 12k, Discover Escape 8k, CSP 8k, US Bank 6k, AMEX Delta Gold 1k, AMEX Zync NPSL, Dillards AMEX 6k, Walmart Discover 7.5k, Lowes 10k

Starting Score: TU 701
Current Score: EQ 701 EX 706 TU 724
Goal Score: 760 Across the Board. Goals met: Mortgage! :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+