Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT CLI should i ask? afraid to get denied

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover IT CLI should i ask? afraid to get denied

Sorry to hear.  On the upside, it was SP.  You can always try in another 6 months (also depending on the history/usage put through your card).  If the SP route doesn't work, then there's always the option to HP to see if you can get the desired CLI.

Message 11 of 16
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@omgitsphilly wrote:

I finally called. I was not able to get a CLI at this time. Will get the letter in mail. So there you go it was a SP for me

sorry to hear, dont feel bad though....I have had my Discover 13 months and everytime i request a CLI via SP its a denial and always for the same reason, a collection on my TU report (its a darn 52 dollar paid utility collection...lol). My Discover is my lowest limit out of all my major prime lender credit cards. I dont use the card anymore and just finished paying the remaining 200 balance. They did give me an auto CLI until my 11 month so unless you are willing to take a HP maybe you will get lucky and get an auto CLI later down the road, just use the card alot and they will eventually give in.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 12 of 16
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

@Anthonykc wrote:
Congrats.
When was your first CLI?

I asked for my first cli at 6mos. (which was over the weekend) Went from $1500 to 3k, then called today and obtained an add'l 3k.

OP, I'm surprised they said no. Usually they soft you then ask to HP if the system cannot approve with a SP. That was my case and I ate the HP. $1500 to 6k was well worth it.

Message 13 of 16
Anthonykc
New Contributor

@HeilFico wrote:

@Anthonykc wrote:
Congrats.
When was your first CLI?

I asked for my first cli at 6mos. (which was over the weekend) Went from $1500 to 3k, then called today and obtained an add'l 3k.

OP, I'm surprised they said no. Usually they soft you then ask to HP if the system cannot approve with a SP. That was my case and I ate the HP. $1500 to 6k was well worth it.

what exactly did you asked them? if they could use the same HP for another credit increase?

Current Score: 715 Goal Score: 775 Will Garden Soon.

CapitalOne Platinum $1.5K | CapitalOne MTV $1.5K | BestBuy Store $6K | Kays $3.5K | Military Star $2K | DiscoverIT $8K | AMEX BCE $1K Smiley Sad | NFUC Flagship $13.5K | USAA World MC $8K | USAA Rate Adv $8K | CSP 5K 10/2013 | NFCU LOC $10K
Message 14 of 16
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Yes, since the first HP was just on Saturday. 

Message 15 of 16
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

I didnt have much luck with Discover. I used the online request at 6 months, and authorized a HP.

They still called me anyways. And only took me from $2000 to $3000. I was looking to go to $5000... Ah well, i haven't spend a dollar on that card in the 2 months since the cli Smiley Wink But I will be using it for online shopping soon, I need some new fall clothes. I redeemed $60 of cashback to order $75 of gift cards, when those arrive i'll order some clothes.

But I was using the card around 20% - 25% each month for 6 months.

In other news, Citi just showered me with 3 letters in the mail today. Each was a pre-qualified offer for a Citi card Smiley Wink The Simplicity offer has a APR of 12.99% which I believe is their best offer for that card Smiley Wink The others were Thankyou Preferred, and Platinum Select AAdvantage World Mastercard.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.