Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT CLI?

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Discover IT CLI?

Congrats lg! I know you've been waiting for your CLI.

i opened mine last Jan ( back then it was 6 mos not 3 to ask) received a sm all auto CLI of $800 in July.  Prior to receiving the CLI I opened 6 new TLs and refied my auto in March. In Oct, I received another CLI ( I was added to DH's 3 new accounts in Aug/Sept) and finally got my latest increase in Jan $12k

Limit High Balance History:

Between Oct 2013 and Dec 2013, your credit limit/high balance was $7,300 
Between Aug 2013 and Sep 2013, your credit limit/high balance was $3,300 
Between Mar 2013 and Jul 2013, your credit limit/high balance was $2,500
Message 31 of 48
slweal87
Contributor

I have had the Discover it for only 3 months and they just sent me an email for a auto CLI of 750$! My first auto CLI in a while. I think it helped that in the second month I charged about 2,500 and then paid it all off. In the past I have almost always seen a CLI after charging a high percentage of the CL (between 60-80%) and then paying it off in full. Maybe it signals you could use a higher limit and you have enough income to pay in full?

I may request a CLI for Amex but in general I have never requested them before. My total CL is over 30,000 now so I think I am going to just wait for auto CLIs.
1. WFCU Visa (2,000) 2. Chase Freedom (1,500) 3. Chase Amazon (300) 4. Chase Sapphire non-preferred (5,000) 5. Discover IT (3,500) 6. Capital One Quicksilver (3,000) 7. Citibank Dividend (4,300) 8. AMEX Costco True Earnings (5,000) 9. Barclaycard Arrival w/ AF (3,000) 10. Target REDcard (2,700) 11. Amex Blue Cash Everyday (10,000)
Message 32 of 48
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

i opened mine last Jan ( back then it was 6 mos not 3 to ask) received a sm all auto CLI of $800 in July.  Prior to receiving the CLI I opened 6 new TLs and refied my auto in March. In Oct, I received another CLI ( I was added to DH's 3 new accounts in Aug/Sept) and finally got my latest increase in Jan $12k

Thanks Lexie...I followed every CLI closely and it was sooooo frustrating but Discover made it up today...(not sure if they finally did a SP on my report) They have pulled IDA in the past and I just placed a freeze last month. I am happy and considering my overall CL to income I can be more than happy Smiley Happy...no SD for my Discover card now. Hope your DH is getting one too....once I am back home I will update my signature....ha ha...The 5K from Discover mean a lo more than the 25K from Amex as this was really easy..LOL

Message 33 of 48
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@lg8302ch wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Thanks Lexie...I followed every CLI closely and it was sooooo frustrating but Discover made it up today...(not sure if they finally did a SP on my report) They have pulled IDA in the past and I just placed a freeze last month. I am happy and considering my overall CL to income I can be more than happy Smiley Happy...no SD for my Discover card now. Hope your DH is getting one too....once I am back home I will update my signature....ha ha...The 5K from Discover mean a lo more than the 25K from Amex as this was really easy..LOL

DH got a $1k increase in Oct. He's content with that. Smiley Sad

Message 34 of 48
Hockeyplayrr
Frequent Contributor

I just filled out the online form like I always do after every new statement and instead of it asking me if I want to proceed with a hardpull it just said I'd know via secure message in 7-10 days.  Has this happened to anyone? Does this mean they pulled my report.  They always warn me.

Credit Scores: Equifax - 744 (Oct FICO) | Experian 736(Oct Fico) | Transunion - 755(Oct Fico)

Credit Lines: Diners Club 20k | Penfed Plat Rewards 7k | SDFCU 5k | Amex BCE - 10.5k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | CSP - 10.6k | Discover IT - 9k | Sallie Mae 3.8k | BofA 123 - 4.9k | CITI Double Cash 9.1k | Total Rewards 3.25k
Message 35 of 48
RnJ
Contributor

Hockeyplayrr, that just happened to me - wasn't really paying attention on the form, filled it in, and got the 7-10 day message.  Still have yet to get the email or secure message they claim would follow,. but the requested increase showed up on my account in less than 24 hours.  So maybe check your online account soon.

I'm guessing they might have finally fixed their form that was perpetually stuck for months for so many users (the "your request is currently processing" or, "please call xxx-xxx-xxxx" script).  In my case though, I had just recently requested a small SP cli and received it, but thinking I should have requested for more, and did it again (of course too soon but I was willing to take a HP).   I'm assuming the last was an HP, but haven't checked TU to confirm. 

Message 36 of 48
DawgZ
Contributor

Update:

So I hit the CLI button and got the 'you'll receive a letter'. I got the letter today and here is why I was denied...hope this helps people to see why they might get denied.

Derogatory public record or collection - I only have 2 collections but am trying to PFD

Low merchandise activity on your account - I only put about $50 on it when it came and took a couple months to pay off to create a history.

Bureau reports insufficient credit history with Discover - Only have 2 months of payments in 5 months of having the card.  

My Wallet - Cap1 Visa Signature $13k, Chase Saphire Prefered $13.5k, Well's Fargo Rewards $10k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC $6.5k, Cap1 Quicksilver V $4k, Chase Freedom $9k, Discover IT $7.5k, Amex BCE $34k, Amazon/Chase $2.5k,PenFed V $10.5k, Amex Green

EQ 810(Fico), EX 806 (Fico), TU 815 (Fico)

Message 37 of 48
12njoy
Super Contributor

@DawgZ wrote:

Update:

So I hit the CLI button and got the 'you'll receive a letter'. I got the letter today and here is why I was denied...hope this helps people to see why they might get denied.

Derogatory public record or collection - I only have 2 collections but am trying to PFD

Low merchandise activity on your account - I only put about $50 on it when it came and took a couple months to pay off to create a history.

Bureau reports insufficient credit history with Discover - Only have 2 months of payments in 5 months of having the card.  

Here's a suggestion,

Pay a bill or bills that you have to pay anyway by using Discover.  Save the cash and then pay Discover with the saved cash.  I did this and continue to do this and it has worked for me across most of my accounts.  Discover being one of them.  I started with $6,500 credit limit in October 2013.  Asked for a $3,500 cli in January 2014 and was approved.  It cost me a HP but worth it.  If you use the card to pay a bill or bills and then PIF with the cash you would have used anyway to pay the bill, it looks good that you are able to responsibly use and pay credit.  FYI, when I got my cli from Discover, they pulled Experian where I have three paid charge off's.  I was hoping they would use Equifax or Transunion where I only have one chargeoff listed, but since I was approved I guess it doesn't matter. 

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 38 of 48
dumaine
Regular Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

To those who received auto increases---did you open any new accounts after getting approved for the Discover? I've had mine for 6 months, but I opened 7 new accounts after getting approved. Citi declined my request and cited too many new accounts. I was wondering if Discover is the same way?

opened in April 2013, did not apply for any others until August (Citi Diamond Preferred), November (BoA 1 2 3 Rewards) and December (Barclays Cash Rewards), all approvals. Received autos on Discover in October and January.

Message 39 of 48
mattmix36
Contributor

Man...I've been sitting at a 3k limit on my discover IT forever!!!  I requested a CLI about a month ago...supposedly it's still under review Smiley Sad

My Wallet: AMEX Platinum | Citi AAdvantage Exec $20k | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $12k | United MileagePlus Club 8k | FNBO $25k | Chase Military Officers Club $9k | Discover IT $5.5k | BankAmericard $30k | PENFED Platinum Cash Rewards $10.5k | Barclay Rewards $6.15k | USAA AMEX $15k | USAA MC $16k | NFCU Flagship Rewards $25k | Logix $15k | Chase Ink Cash $12k | Paypal MC $5k | Walmart Discover $5.4k | Chase Freedom $2k | Sallie Mae $2k | Target RedCard $300 | JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards $5k | BoA Alaska $1k

Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.