Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT - Denied

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Discover IT - Denied

Good luck with the recon. Have you tried GW letters?
Message 11 of 16
goal_digger
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Sorry for the denial. Discover is a conservative lender and having multiple COs reporting will be difficult. Keep in mind, paid or unpaid a CO still is a derog. If you just received the CLI for BoA you might want to wait so the next hp will be worthwhile.

Thanks, 09Lexie.  How long would you recommend waiting before making a CLI request?  I definitely want to make it worthwhile.  I'll hold off on apping for the Travel Rewards card until then too.

In order of approval...
Fico Scores: EX 721 | EQ 723 | TU 719
Goals: Reduce util, obtain soft-pull CLIs and 720 across the board.
Message 12 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Unless your credit has changed, 6mos since it's a hp.
Message 13 of 16
goal_digger
Regular Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Don't be discouraged, I went through a similar situation with Discover.  Discover recon is iffy at best, but I would certainly try it since you took the HP.  

It took me 3 years and 4 HPs to finally get in with Discover (it was all about proving to myself the card was attainable at that point), but once you have some time between the paid negs on your report Discover is a little more forgiving.  

Thanks, B335is.  I'm glad you finally got in with them!  I was after the 0% intro rate and Shop Discover, but don't know if I'll be apping with them again anytime soon.  I know inquiries don't count for much (and I swear I'm not bitter.. I hold myself fully accountable for my past mistakes) but I don't want to waste another HP on them at the moment.  Now I know what I need to work on so, starting tomorrow, I'm going to do just that Smiley Happy

In order of approval...
Message 14 of 16
goal_digger
Regular Contributor

I've definitely tried GW letters and actually, have had very pleasant conversations with each of the OC's.  One sent me his card and told me if I ran into more issues with the reporting to give him a call.  I'll be contacting him tomorrow and pleading my case for the TL to be removed.  I'll send more letters and make more calls for the other two as well. 

Thanks to GW letters, aging, and patience, my profile has improved significantly.  When BOA pulled TU to unsecure my card in August, my score was 637, and that was up from 617 in May.  I was so happy to pull a 708 today but I know I deserve it because I've worked hard. Now I have an opportunity to work even harder and improve it even more. Hopefully I can get some of this stuff updated in the next month or two.

In order of approval...
Message 15 of 16
goal_digger
Regular Contributor

@starry1 wrote:
With your profile I would definitely recon. I'm a little puzzled why you were denied in the first place. At least getting an analyst on the line would give you the chance to explain any issue they're seeing.

Thanks, starry1.  Re: being puzzled - that makes two of us! Smiley Wink

In order of approval...
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.