Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT EMV Chip

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT EMV Chip

Received my Discover IT EMV Chip Card today. Card looks the same the discover logo is smaller and on the right hand side, the back of the card which shows all your information is shown in white rather than that dark blue color, other then that everything looks the same.Oh it came in a normal envelope rather than that nice Fedex package.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT EMV Chip

Yes, I have a Discover it EMV card as well.  It's true that Discover doesn't provide the special packaging for the new card, but the mailer does include the best information I've seen about using EMV cards.  Most of the other material I've received from CC companies has been confusing at best.  

Message 2 of 3
nyancat
Established Contributor

Re: Discover IT EMV Chip

Yes, and they even work now! When they first mailed them out, only cards made by CPI worked, now both CPI and G&D cards work (confirmed at Walmart and the Pretzel Place). The same original card, so the issue was fixed on the back end.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.