Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Invitation?

tag
jbrown773
Contributor

Discover IT Invitation?

So I've recieved a letter in the mail from discover saying I was invited to apply for the discover it card with an invitation number, after reading up on past posts about invitations I took it as they were simply fishing. Then I decied to check out the Find My Offer at the discover website which said "Heres the card we found for you." "Your Offer" Which was the discover it card. and at the bottom it says apply now. Is this a logical assumption that I would get approved for this card or did it simiply take the best card for my needs and showed that up. I know cap one simiply tells you that we cant find a pre approved card for you but here are some options that you might like to apply to. I've been in the garden for almost a year since I started my journey and have increased my limits on all the cards I aquired when I started. What do you guys think? I would like a discover it card but I dont want to waste the pull without a little confidence from the brain pool here. 

Thanks

Starting Score: EQ FICO 582, TU 614, EX 528 9/13
Current Score: EQ FICO 648, TU 678, EX 663
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT Invitation?

I also received this mail invitation but with a 657 EX Fico and several new accounts, I doubt my approval would be likely. This is also the card they show me when checking pre approvals. I'm not sure what your stats are, YMMV.
Message 2 of 13
nmbrsgrl
Contributor

I was denied after receiving the invitation for having a CO  and too many inquiries. I had 8 from a recent car purchase. I think they don't like inquiries or negative items on your CR. How does your report look?

Starting Score: 582
Current Score: EQ658|TU654|EX640 as of 10/19/15
Goal Score: 720+

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know for me, I have no negatives or baddies, 100% on time payments but short AAOA and several inquiries.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hows your EQ look?
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same but only 2 inquiries.
Message 6 of 13
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Discover is pretty accommodating of thin but clean reports.. As long as your generating a score (except if a student even the Fico generating is optional but they do calculate an l2c score)... Is your AAoA at least 6-9 mo? I would wait for your score to go up a bit still. Try in 3 months once your in the high sixes, preferably 7s like 700
Message 7 of 13
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Grrr. I was confusing two people. Jbrown has a good chance, depending on his AAoA being at least 6-9 years.. Struggle should wait until score goes up
Message 8 of 13
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Jbrown.. On paper offer, what was the offer, mainly APR range and zero percent length. Seems there's a generic paper offer and some that are more targeted...
Message 9 of 13
jbrown773
Contributor

Sorry I threw away the letter already, My scores are actually +20-30 pts from what my BIO says I havent been on to update in the last 6-7 months. But I have garden since my last card which I believe was in Feb. AAOA is at 11 months now. I decided not to try for it simply because I wasn't absolutely confident in it. I have 1 collections still thats going to drop in 2 months and 8 inqs which 3 will drop in the next 3 months. I have 4 months til my USbank graduates which I believe causes a Pull for that. That being said... Back to the garden. 

Thank you guys though. I wasnt sure if they were simply fishing or I had a concrete chance. Not worth the gamble at this point.

Starting Score: EQ FICO 582, TU 614, EX 528 9/13
Current Score: EQ FICO 648, TU 678, EX 663
Goal Score: 700

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.