Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT - Might have unintentionally applied as student -_-

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover IT - Applied as student

No problem, like i said though i think if they switch it they will probably have you wait 90 days for a cli. Same with a regular account.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 11 of 58
andyaycw
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover IT - Applied as student

OP, I wouldn't worry about the card having limited growth. 7 years ago I applied and got the student version of the Discover More card with a $1k limit. Today, it sits at $15k.

They will grow with you once you graduate and have more income.  

Starting Score: EQ 773, TU 766
Current Score (2/25/2017): EX 813, EQ 823, TU 818
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT - Might have unintentionally applied as student -_-

Everywhere I read student cards are harder/take much longer to cli than regular
Message 13 of 58
taxi818
Super Contributor

He is not student. So he will not graduate. Hmmm with such low limit. You must have gotten that card. But you haven't used so should not be problem   Patience. 

Message 14 of 58
keithB
Established Contributor

Discover Financial CEO, David Nelms ... ( send PM )

~edited to remove email address, please share via PM only, ~pizzadude, MyFICO moderator

Message 15 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called and they said the cards are the same whether you apply as student or differently. I asked them if there is a difference in the credit line limit but they said no? Doesn't seem right. I asked for an increase to 2000 and the person told me to try in 6 months.

Should I call again?

Message 16 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: Called again, they said the account is already active so I would have to close it and apply again for the regular. Anyway, I'll just close it. Not going to apply again for another hard inquiry..

Message 17 of 58
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE: Called again, they said the account is already active so I would have to close it and apply again for the regular. Anyway, I'll just close it. Not going to apply again for another hard inquiry..

Why close it? You already have the card... Just sock drawer it. If anything helps util%

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 18 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why close it? You already have the card... Just sock drawer it. If anything helps util%

I suppose I could just sock drawer it but since I'm never going to use it that makes it a useless card no? If it was a non-student card and had more room for growth I would build it up. Anyway, do you think I should just apply for a regular one after closing or should I email the CEO as listed above?

Message 19 of 58
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why close it? Just use it and be patient..... you can try to CLI with SP every 3 months.... with some time an patience this card will grow with you.  If you SD the card then it will not grow so just use it and do not pay attention to the "student" version use it like the regular version.

Message 20 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.