Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT - Might have unintentionally applied as student -_-

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Discover IT - Might have unintentionally applied as student -_-

Now.  op is making me think. Hmmm. I only got 2.5 k. But I don't have card yet. Maybe I can recon for more. Citing. I need more for bt. Even though total debt. 840 bucks. (New computer) haha. I'm expecting card tomorrow. Since was approved last Tuesday.  

Message 51 of 58
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous used to be every 6 months but changed to every 3 months (at least for the regular cards). But chances of a CLI @ 3 months are very slim, @6 months a bit better and for many including me 12+ months to see a result for a CLI.  Remember credit is a marathon and not a race...it takes time to grow so you will need a lot of patiece.  My first limit on my BofA card was 1K and look at how it as grown but that was not overnight..it took years!

I had the Discover card for 14 months and no Auto CLI for me  so it's all YMMV.  

Discover only grew on me a bit ... Went from $750 ----> $1,000 -----> $1,500  and took HP's for both 

I had no auto-luv either but was "agressively" playing with the luv button and went from 2,5K after 15months to 5K and 3 months later to 7,5K but I was determined not to take a HP for it..(cancelled each time the system asked for HP).... so it might have worked faster for me but I had time to wait and kept trying for SP CLIs.

Message 52 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

did you app for student or regular? what's your profile if you don't mind - income, history etc

Message 53 of 58
taxi818
Super Contributor

Who are you asking?

Message 54 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

Who are you asking?

you, sorry I thought I quoted ^^ lol I didn't check until now - cleaning room

Message 55 of 58
taxi818
Super Contributor

Well I apped for regular.  I called on phone because I wanted to feel for my chances. 

They pulled my eq. Be caused I asked them to do that one or tu. I told them my experian is In dispute. 

Exp  703

eq 663. Tu 708. 

Income. 44k. 

1baddie. Brighthouse collection. 4 years old but paid. 

Message 56 of 58
taxi818
Super Contributor

Btw. When I paid collection. I lost 40 points all 3 bureaus. 

Message 57 of 58
bunnicula

You can't accidentally get a student card from Discover. They require documentation to prove you are a student. So, you either submitted proof of being a student or you got approved for a regular card. They may have looked at your credit and just approved you for a regular card if you met their underwriting requirements. Discover is known for starting people out with lower credit limits. 

Message 58 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.