Reply
Contributor
Posts: 93
Registered: ‎05-21-2013
0

Discover IT Recon

I have tried to recon my denial 3 times now and everytime I seem to get little closer.  Anyone have any suggestions to help crack this egg we call Discover.  I have a CO from 2010 that seems to be the sticking point.  Is there anyway around this or should I just chalk up as a lost cause.

MYFICO SCORES: 06/2013 = 697 (TU) - 06/2013 = 685 (EQ) - 06/2013 = 666 (EX)

Capital One Quicksilver $2500 (07/2013) Walmart Credit Card $550 (06/2013) Barclaycard Rewards $1300 (06/2013) Chase Freedom $1500 (06/3013) Chase Amazon $500 (7/2013) TTCU $2500 (7/2013)
Jcrew $650 (06/2013) Express $500 (06/2013) Victoria Secret $350 (06/2013) Macys $300 (08/2013) Phillips 66 CU $6000 (08/2013) Capital One Venture $5000 (10/2013) Discover IT $1000 (10/2013) Chase Disney $1500 (10/2013)

DENIED: BOFA Unsecured (06/2013, EX)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 7,920
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: Discover IT Recon


gettingthere2013 wrote:

I have tried to recon my denial 3 times now and everytime I seem to get little closer.  Anyone have any suggestions to help crack this egg we call Discover.  I have a CO from 2010 that seems to be the sticking point.  Is there anyway around this or should I just chalk up as a lost cause.


It appears you recently opened several accounts not long ago.  I doubt Discover will "crack" given that your file may be considered fairly young and not thick enough for their taste.  Discover is a fairly conservative lender, and aside from your CO, your efforts may prove futile..even at your 4th, 5th, 6th... attempt.

Others may chime in with continuing the pursuit; however, there comes a time when one has to draw the line and move on.  You can always reapply in the future to position yourself with a better opportunity for approval once your file improves with age

Contributor
Posts: 93
Registered: ‎05-21-2013
0

Re: Discover IT Recon


FinStar wrote:

gettingthere2013 wrote:

I have tried to recon my denial 3 times now and everytime I seem to get little closer.  Anyone have any suggestions to help crack this egg we call Discover.  I have a CO from 2010 that seems to be the sticking point.  Is there anyway around this or should I just chalk up as a lost cause.


It appears you recently opened several accounts not long ago.  I doubt Discover will "crack" given that your file may be considered fairly young and not thick enough for their taste.  Discover is a fairly conservative lender, and aside from your CO, your efforts may prove futile..even at your 4th, 5th, 6th... attempt.

Others may chime in with continuing the pursuit; however, there comes a time when one has to draw the line and move on.  You can always reapply in the future to position yourself with a better opportunity for approval once your file improves with age


Thanks

I tend to agree with what you are saying, I guess I was frustrated that I was able to get a Chase card and not Discover.  I will walk away from this one right now and reapply in the future.  I have payment arrangements to get the CO settled and hopefully that will make a difference to creditors in the future.

MYFICO SCORES: 06/2013 = 697 (TU) - 06/2013 = 685 (EQ) - 06/2013 = 666 (EX)

Capital One Quicksilver $2500 (07/2013) Walmart Credit Card $550 (06/2013) Barclaycard Rewards $1300 (06/2013) Chase Freedom $1500 (06/3013) Chase Amazon $500 (7/2013) TTCU $2500 (7/2013)
Jcrew $650 (06/2013) Express $500 (06/2013) Victoria Secret $350 (06/2013) Macys $300 (08/2013) Phillips 66 CU $6000 (08/2013) Capital One Venture $5000 (10/2013) Discover IT $1000 (10/2013) Chase Disney $1500 (10/2013)

DENIED: BOFA Unsecured (06/2013, EX)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,507
Registered: ‎07-24-2011
0

Re: Discover IT Recon

[ Edited ]

gettingthere2013 wrote:

FinStar wrote:

gettingthere2013 wrote:

I have tried to recon my denial 3 times now and everytime I seem to get little closer.  Anyone have any suggestions to help crack this egg we call Discover.  I have a CO from 2010 that seems to be the sticking point.  Is there anyway around this or should I just chalk up as a lost cause.


It appears you recently opened several accounts not long ago.  I doubt Discover will "crack" given that your file may be considered fairly young and not thick enough for their taste.  Discover is a fairly conservative lender, and aside from your CO, your efforts may prove futile..even at your 4th, 5th, 6th... attempt.

Others may chime in with continuing the pursuit; however, there comes a time when one has to draw the line and move on.  You can always reapply in the future to position yourself with a better opportunity for approval once your file improves with age


Thanks

I tend to agree with what you are saying, I guess I was frustrated that I was able to get a Chase card and not Discover.  I will walk away from this one right now and reapply in the future.  I have payment arrangements to get the CO settled and hopefully that will make a difference to creditors in the future.


EDIT:  I see....I had to reread your post...LOL!  Okay I thought you had a CO with Discover and was trying to get another CC with them.  Well certainly if you got one from Chase then surely Discover is in your future.  And you're right, just wait it out and clear up the CO then they won't have anything to use against you.  Good luck!


Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.