Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT... Strange Incident and Question

tag
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

Discover IT... Strange Incident and Question

Applied for the DiscoverIT online. After a minute of submitting my data it said they needed more information and came to another page where it asked me what kind of job do I do, how many years at my job and whether I rent or own my house. Then I hit submit again and I got the 5 to 7 day notice.

Now the weird part. At the bottom of the page it says, "Please register your account with us." So for the hell of it, I typed in my email address, created a password, etc. So the weird part is, why would they ask me to register my account with them but yet I got the 5 to 7 day review notice?

It also said stuff like, "Enjoy the Benefits of your New Card with Travlers Insurance, Auto Rental Insurance, Flight Accident Insurance" as if I was already approved, yet I'm not.

Just bizarre to me.

Thanks for listening to me.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover IT... Strange Incident and Question

This is normal for Discover. From what I remember reading, this usually means approval.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 2 of 23
SpeedingWheels
Contributor

I had pretty much the same thing happen without the extra information. 

App submitted and then the 5-7 day message but it asked me to register on their website.

Once I registered it became obvious that my application had been approved. 

I don't recall what it was that I saw that made me confident I was approved, but it was obvious once I logged in. 

Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Message 3 of 23
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:

This is normal for Discover. From what I remember reading, this usually means approval.

+1 Call the backdoor number here in the sticky and "ask" them, if they need any more information. Most likely they will approve you during the call and give you the CL.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 4 of 23
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

I applied for that this morning, too.  I also got the same exactl response.  I created the account.  Now, I'm just waiting to see what happens.

Good luck!

Message 5 of 23
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

Same response for me...... I was approved.

Message 6 of 23
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

When did you find out you were approved, pdog?

Message 7 of 23
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Just got this exact same response, called in as the website recommended, they connected me to a senior analyst, answered some questions. I was approved for $1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. So happy to be in with Discover

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 8 of 23
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Isnt this your x-thousandth app this month!

Message 9 of 23
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

Isnt this your x-thousandth app this month!

Well probably 3rd this month, I'm trying to slow down, but the credit analyst said he only saw 23 inquiries on my report for the last year.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.