Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Student

tag
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

Discover IT Student

The pre qual keeps suggesting the Student card im sure because she is 21 ...however she is not a student...tried going thru the app process but it was requesting school info...i was hoping there would be an option to say hey i'm not a student .. did not finish the app.. Just irritated that it keeps defaulting to the Student card and not wanting to cold app at this point in time. She has 1 car loan Co signed by me No Late.... AU on my Cap 1 card  188/750cl  and just got a VS for 250.00 this month balance is Zero. Her fako scores are   TU 617  EQ 624 ... the pre qual still has a wide range for APR but she did start recieving mailers from them but they are not pre approvals of course. Any insight appreciated

Cheryl 

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT Student

My 18 yr old DD isn't a student, so i just had her go straight to the secured Discover card. It's her first credit product though.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT Student

When I got my Disco last year I had nothing on my CR's other than a couple misguided HP's. I app'd directly for the secured at the time. Even though she has an AU and the VS card, I'm not sure she'd be approved, especially if her income isn't very high. The FAKO will be low because they take total CL into account, not just util. If the "prequal" is the full range it's probably not a prequal at all. You may as well cold app for whatever she wants and hope that they counter with the secured, or just apply for the secured in the first place.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.