Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT card app

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Discover IT card app

What's it mean when it states something like:  "we will notify you in 5-7 days of your approval.  To expedite this process please call 1-800..."

Should I call the backdoor # in the morning? It had the number but i changed screen and couldn't get back to the number it stated to call. Either way it stated the hours and its too late now anyway.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AllFourOne
New Visitor

Re: Discover IT card app

You're the customer. Wait and let them call you.

Message 2 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@j_casteel wrote:

What's it mean when it states something like:  "we will notify you in 5-7 days of your approval to expedite this process please call..."

Should I call the backdoor # in the morning? It had the number but i changed screen and couldn't get back to the number it stated to call. Either way it stated the hours and its too late now anyway.

Yes, call and the number is 1-800-DISCOVER

Message 3 of 13
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

I edited my post to make it better understandable.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 4 of 13
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Yes call them in the morning, it could be one of those calls where they might want to verify your info....hope you get it!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 5 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@j_casteel wrote:

Answer stays the same.  Good luck!

Message 6 of 13
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

Yes call them in the morning, it could be one of those calls where they might want to verify your info....hope you get it!

Thanks...we just moved for my new job so maybe it's something like that.

Lol, I wasn't going to app for anything, but I figured since I app'd for the Freedom I may as go ahead for this one as well so the INQ's can age the same.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 7 of 13
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

Answer stays the same.  Good luck!

lol, thanks

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 8 of 13
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Also, I just noticed your other thread about your DW just got approved for the same card (IT)....when was she approved?  There was a $50 referral bonus for the cardholder & new applicant...don't know if they still offer that....if so, ask the CSR if you are eligible for the referral bonus (if approved). 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 9 of 13
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

Also, I just noticed your other thread about your DW just got approved for the same card (IT)....when was she approved?  There was a $50 referral bonus for the cardholder & new applicant...don't know if they still offer that....if so, ask the CSR if you are eligible for the referral bonus (if approved). 

cool, thanks. She was approved 2 days ago. She received an invitation in the mail.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.