Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT card?

Hey guys,

I am considering getting a Discover IT card.  I currently have AMEX Plat 25k spending ability, Discover 10k, Huntington 9k, Cap one 3500, Home Depot 7k.  Does anyone have experience with the IT card if so how do you like it?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT card?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys,

I am considering getting a Discover IT card.  I currently have AMEX Plat 25k spending ability, Discover 10k, Huntington 9k, Cap one 3500, Home Depot 7k.  Does anyone have experience with the IT card if so how do you like it?

Do you have a Discover More, then? If so, are you going to be doing a PC or applying for a new card?

But to directly answer your question, the Discover It card is great. For new applications right now, Discover is offering double cashback on all purchases for the first year, including the rotating categories. Discover has really good rotating categories, by the way. You also have the potential for SP CLIs down the line. Discover also has a really good online portal as well that gives you extra cashback for using your Discover card. Discover also has a really good promo going on with iPhone users who register their Discover cards with Apple Pay and make purchases -- 10% cashback bonus on purchases made with Apple Pay with their Discover It card from September 16th to the end of the year.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duplicate post is duplicate.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Discover I currently have is from Sams club.

Message 4 of 7
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys,

Do you have a Discover More, then? If so, are you going to be doing a PC or applying for a new card?

But to directly answer your question, the Discover It card is great. For new applications right now, Discover is offering double cashback on all purchases for the first year, including the rotating categories. Discover has really good rotating categories, by the way. You also have the potential for SP CLIs down the line. Discover also has a really good online portal as well that gives you extra cashback for using your Discover card. Discover also has a really good promo going on with iPhone users who register their Discover cards with Apple Pay and make purchases -- 10% cashback bonus on purchases made with Apple Pay with their Discover It card from September 16th to the end of the year.

Do it! Everything jay said is accurate and worth it. I love my Discover IT. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Love it. PRO: Great U.S. based CSRs that are easy (quick) to contact. Web Site and mobile app is user friendly, and the cedit score tracker accurately reflects my FICO score (TU). Great promotions; I'm presently getting 3% on everything (this was an offer that came out of the blue) and any of the 5% promos each quarter ADD to that, making 8% cash back on those purchases. Also, the cash back rewards can be redeemed in as little as $1 increments. As said above; CLI requests are SPs. Nice card. CON: Every now and then a merchant won't accept it, so have a back-up.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love my IT. With the double cash promo going on, it has become my gen spend card. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.