Super Contributor

Re: Discover IT conversion

I just called to convert mine.

Ron.

Message 21 of 134
AdamC
Valued Member

Is there any reason to let my More report as a More for longer or does that not make a difference? My more card isn't 6 months old yet, and I'd like to think it would help to let it age to 6 mo before a PC?

Sapphire Preferred/Freedom/Freedom Unlimited, DoubleCash/ThankYou Preferred, Blue Cash Everyday, It, Quicksilver, Apple, Signature Connect, and a few store cards
Message 22 of 134
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@AdamC wrote:

Is there any reason to let my More report as a More for longer or does that not make a difference? My more card isn't 6 months old yet, and I'd like to think it would help to let it age to 6 mo before a PC?

on credit report, nothing will change with pc.  So no reason to wait.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 23 of 134
CS800
Super Contributor

I'm supposed to get mine today.

The good:

- First late fee non existent (not that I want to use this lifeline ever again but good to have)

- Rotating rewards like the More remains

- Get to keep my cashback

- APR doesnt go up

- Still no AF

The bad:

- No design possibility. ( i can live with that since the IT design is nice)

Message 24 of 134
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

The good:

- First late fee non existent (not that I want to use this lifeline ever again but good to have)

- APR doesnt go up

- Still no AF

The bad:

+1

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 25 of 134
Datx
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

The good:

- APR doesnt go up

- Still no AF

The bad:

The word on the "other" board/forum is that they are working on more designs for the IT card, and that it may eventually become a metal instead of a plastic card.

Message 26 of 134
CS800
Super Contributor

@Datx wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

The good:

- APR doesnt go up

- Still no AF

The bad:

The word on the "other" board/forum is that they are working on more designs for the IT card, and that it may eventually become a metal instead of a plastic card.

I'm liking the metal idea more now.

Message 27 of 134
Ron1
Super Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@Datx wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

The good:

- APR doesnt go up

- Still no AF

The bad:

I converted mine because I got tired of old Discover More Design. Not because of the new perks. I like no number is on the front of the card and the account number and the expiration date is on the back fo the card. It is kind of neat.

Ron.

Message 28 of 134
CS800
Super Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@Datx wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

The good:

- APR doesnt go up

- Still no AF

The bad:

I converted mine because I got tired of old Discover More Design. Not because of the new perks. I like no number is on the front of the card and the account number and the expiration date is on the back fo the card. It is kind of neat.

Ron.

Just like Nordstrom, plain

Message 29 of 134
wreith
Frequent Contributor

Just converted to IT.  WIll get my card sent next billing cycle.

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 30 of 134
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.