Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT conversion

tag
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover IT conversion

@steven85 wrote:

What perks are available on the "IT" card that more doesn't have? 

Late payment forgiveness.

Message 61 of 134
patternofstars7
Contributor

Just had my more converted. Was really easy just went through the online chat function when logged in to my account. Was done in less then 5 minutes. Should have the card by start of next billing cycle!

Message 62 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I just had a very interesting conversation with a Discover chat rep.

Short version:

1. Discover it is replacing the Discover More card.

2. You can PC from the it card to another card, the only restriction is you can't go back to the More (I assume they're trying to phase them out).  In other words, if you PC to the it card, you will NOT be stuck with it for the rest of your life, you simply can't go back to the More because the More will soon be no more.

Actual chat transcript below (names taken out and boring parts removed):

Chat InformationThank you for choosing Discover. A representative will be with you shortly.
Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Discover'
Me: I currently have the More card with you guys, and I heard it is possible to change to the it card, but once you change, you can't ever change again, is that correct?
Discover: That is correct.
Me: Would the same apply if I applied for the it card and then wanted to change to something else? Or is it just limited to one change?
Me: So in other words, if I applied for the it, you wouldn't be able to change it to anything else?
Discover: You would just not be able to switch back to the "More" card but if you want to change to a miles program for example, later on, you would be able to.
Me: Okay. Are you guys getting rid of the More card eventually and replacing it with it (no pun intended)?
Discover: That's funny. Yes, eventually the "it" card will replace the "more" card.
Me: Okay, haha, and last question. I noticed on the application for the More, there's an option to select for the highest education box that says "currently enrolled in college", but I noticed the it card app doesn't have the option. Will it look negatively if I put my highest level is high school because I'm enrolled in classes at the moment and I don't have a degree, and there's no way to indicate you're still in school, if that makes sense.
Discover: That is certainly understandable. It should not make a difference to be honest but if you like...
Message 63 of 134
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

All of my more cards expire next year and it will be interesting to see if they renew them or automatically convert them to IT.

Message 64 of 134
slarano
Frequent Contributor

Went ahead and switched to IT tonight via Online Chat. Also inquired about APR reduction and received 0% APR for 12 months. Almost like getting a brand new card, haha!

ImageImageImage

Message 65 of 134
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

i just pced mine too Smiley Happy

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 66 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I just had a very interesting conversation with a Discover chat rep.

Short version:

1. Discover it is replacing the Discover More card.

2. You can PC from the it card to another card, the only restriction is you can't go back to the More (I assume they're trying to phase them out).  In other words, if you PC to the it card, you will NOT be stuck with it for the rest of your life, you simply can't go back to the More because the More will soon be no more.

Actual chat transcript below (names taken out and boring parts removed):

Chat InformationThank you for choosing Discover. A representative will be with you shortly.
Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Discover'
Me: I currently have the More card with you guys, and I heard it is possible to change to the it card, but once you change, you can't ever change again, is that correct?
Discover: That is correct.
Me: Would the same apply if I applied for the it card and then wanted to change to something else? Or is it just limited to one change?
Me: So in other words, if I applied for the it, you wouldn't be able to change it to anything else?
Discover: You would just not be able to switch back to the "More" card but if you want to change to a miles program for example, later on, you would be able to.
Me: Okay. Are you guys getting rid of the More card eventually and replacing it with it (no pun intended)?
Discover: That's funny. Yes, eventually the "it" card will replace the "more" card.
Me: Okay, haha, and last question. I noticed on the application for the More, there's an option to select for the highest education box that says "currently enrolled in college", but I noticed the it card app doesn't have the option. Will it look negatively if I put my highest level is high school because I'm enrolled in classes at the moment and I don't have a degree, and there's no way to indicate you're still in school, if that makes sense.
Discover: That is certainly understandable. It should not make a difference to be honest but if you like...

I just did an online coversation, although I did not keep the transcript.  In short, I was told, that 1) only one and only one late payment would be forgiven.  2) discover more was not going to be replaced by "it" 3) that the benefits, were 7 more hours to make my payment from EST 5pm to 12am. 3) dedicated professionals to help me (LOL) if I lost my job and could not make my payments. 4) I can't convert back to "More"  I think I am going to pause on this.  

Message 67 of 134
drew11
Regular Contributor

I just converted my Discover More to the IT too!

01/04/17 Equifax FICO 788
01/04/17 Experian FICO 789
01/04/17 TransUnion FICO 784

Amex BCP $24,000 | Chase Freedom: $13,000 | Chase SR: $35,000 | Discover IT: $20,000 | PenFed Platinum: $32,000
Message 68 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just did an online coversation, although I did not keep the transcript.  In short, I was told, that 1) only one and only one late payment would be forgiven.  2) discover more was not going to be replaced by "it" 3) that the benefits, were 7 more hours to make my payment from EST 5pm to 12am. 3) dedicated professionals to help me (LOL) if I lost my job and could not make my payments. 4) I can't convert back to "More"  I think I am going to pause on this.  

Yeah, I've had answers go both ways on that one.  It only makes sense though.  You can PC from the it to other cards, just not the More card.  That would fall in line with the reasoning that the it is replacing the More, because they want to phase it out, so they clearly wouldn't want people PCing back to the More from the it.  It's also an identical copy of the More, simply SLIGHTLY (more like barely) better benefits.  Keeping both cards long term would be somewhat dumb as a marketing move as there isn't enough to differeniate between the two.  It's like Ford coming out with a newer model car, but saying they are going to keep producing the older model car far into the future even though the newer model is better and cheaper.  I guess only time wil tell on this one.

Message 69 of 134
Essence
Contributor

When you request a change to the IT on the online chat is it a guaranteed change? Or is it subject to verification/ hp/sp?  I've barely had my More for two months so not sure when or if I want to switch.

Message 70 of 134
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.