Regular Contributor
stone

Re: Discover IT conversion

I think I will fire a new application for IT other than PC, since too much conflicting informantion now and it is best to keep current More card.

Regular Contributor
jtc411

Why is everyone so afraid to let go of the More card?  I'm seriously confused.  The IT card carries every benfit of the More plus some.  So why would anyone worry about it?

Starting Score: EQ 619
Current Score: EQ 735, TU 732, EX 745(Lender Pulled)
Goal Score: EQ 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
CruzImperial

jtc411 wrote:

Why is everyone so afraid to let go of the More card?  I'm seriously confused.  The IT card carries every benfit of the More plus some.  So why would anyone worry about it?

Mostly because you can´t go back.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Regular Contributor
jtc411

CruzImperial wrote:

jtc411 wrote:

I get that, but why would anyone want/need to?

Starting Score: EQ 619
Current Score: EQ 735, TU 732, EX 745(Lender Pulled)
Goal Score: EQ 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
iMacDrew

jtc411 wrote:

CruzImperial wrote:

jtc411 wrote:

I get that, but why would anyone want/need to?

+1 I see no reason to go back unlesto having the option to choose a card is that important. 

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Valued Member
LOC

I just converted mine. It appears that you get more options with the IT card. I don't see any disadvantages

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 780

New Contributor
Essence

I'm not too worried because currently the IT is the best card Discover offers. With the exception of maybe design choices. If and when a better Discover card comes out in one, two, five years, by that time I'm sure we could PC to it. We will always have a back door number to call and absolute worst case we can app for a second card.  Don't see them locking us down forever. They probably want to phase out the More to some degree.

Super Contributor
CS800

Essence wrote:

I'm not too worried because currently the IT is the best card Discover offers. With the exception of maybe design choices. If and when a better Discover card comes out in one, two, five years, by that time I'm sure we could PC to it. We will always have a back door number to call and absolute worst case we can app for a second card.  Don't see them locking us down forever. They probably want to phase out the More to some degree.

That's what I was thinking too. The IT is better than the more and most likely the perks were bumped up to try to compete with some of the other primes while phasing out the More.

Contributor
Kr33ker

I was approved for More last week, and PC to the IT yesterday before even recieving my More card. I will officially be switched to the IT after this bill cycle is over.

Honestly I switched to the IT based soley on the IT card design.

IT (11500 CL), Freedom (5000 CL), Zync (500 CL), PFCU (500 CL)

Starting Score: 699 EQ (4/11/12)
Current Score: 761 EQ (8/15/12)
Goal Score: 800+ EQ
Regular Contributor
asteroidblues86

jtc411 wrote:

I don't want to be stuck with one card design. With the More I can order as many cards and designs as I want. Plus my favorite design is the Dawn of Discover. Here it is:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}