cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT conversion

Regular Contributor

Re: Discover IT conversion

I think I will fire a new application for IT other than PC, since too much conflicting informantion now and it is best to keep current More card.

Message 91 of 134
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover IT conversion

Why is everyone so afraid to let go of the More card?  I'm seriously confused.  The IT card carries every benfit of the More plus some.  So why would anyone worry about it?


Starting Score: EQ 619
Current Score: EQ 735, TU 732, EX 745(Lender Pulled)
Goal Score: EQ 700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 92 of 134
Established Contributor

Re: Discover IT conversion


jtc411 wrote:

Why is everyone so afraid to let go of the More card?  I'm seriously confused.  The IT card carries every benfit of the More plus some.  So why would anyone worry about it?


Mostly because you can´t go back.

 

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 93 of 134
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover IT conversion


CruzImperial wrote:

jtc411 wrote:

Why is everyone so afraid to let go of the More card?  I'm seriously confused.  The IT card carries every benfit of the More plus some.  So why would anyone worry about it?


Mostly because you can´t go back.

 


I get that, but why would anyone want/need to?

 


Starting Score: EQ 619
Current Score: EQ 735, TU 732, EX 745(Lender Pulled)
Goal Score: EQ 700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 94 of 134
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover IT conversion


jtc411 wrote:

CruzImperial wrote:

jtc411 wrote:

Why is everyone so afraid to let go of the More card?  I'm seriously confused.  The IT card carries every benfit of the More plus some.  So why would anyone worry about it?


Mostly because you can´t go back.

 


I get that, but why would anyone want/need to?

 


+1 I see no reason to go back unlesto having the option to choose a card is that important. 

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 95 of 134
Highlighted
Valued Member

Re: Discover IT conversion

I just converted mine. It appears that you get more options with the IT card. I don't see any disadvantages




Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 780

Message 96 of 134
New Contributor

Re: Discover IT conversion

I'm not too worried because currently the IT is the best card Discover offers. With the exception of maybe design choices. If and when a better Discover card comes out in one, two, five years, by that time I'm sure we could PC to it. We will always have a back door number to call and absolute worst case we can app for a second card.  Don't see them locking us down forever. They probably want to phase out the More to some degree.

Message 97 of 134
Super Contributor

Re: Discover IT conversion


Essence wrote:

I'm not too worried because currently the IT is the best card Discover offers. With the exception of maybe design choices. If and when a better Discover card comes out in one, two, five years, by that time I'm sure we could PC to it. We will always have a back door number to call and absolute worst case we can app for a second card.  Don't see them locking us down forever. They probably want to phase out the More to some degree.


That's what I was thinking too. The IT is better than the more and most likely the perks were bumped up to try to compete with some of the other primes while phasing out the More.




Message 98 of 134
Contributor

Re: Discover IT conversion

I was approved for More last week, and PC to the IT yesterday before even recieving my More card. I will officially be switched to the IT after this bill cycle is over.

 

Honestly I switched to the IT based soley on the IT card design.

IT (11500 CL), Freedom (5000 CL), Zync (500 CL), PFCU (500 CL)

Starting Score: 699 EQ (4/11/12)
Current Score: 761 EQ (8/15/12)
Goal Score: 800+ EQ
Message 99 of 134
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover IT conversion


jtc411 wrote:

Why is everyone so afraid to let go of the More card?  I'm seriously confused.  The IT card carries every benfit of the More plus some.  So why would anyone worry about it?


I don't want to be stuck with one card design. With the More I can order as many cards and designs as I want. Plus my favorite design is the Dawn of Discover. Here it is:

 

Message 100 of 134