Did you mean: 

Discover IT conversion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT conversion

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why is everyone so afraid to let go of the More card?  I'm seriously confused.  The IT card carries every benfit of the More plus some.  So why would anyone worry about it?

I don't want to be stuck with one card design. With the More I can order as many cards and designs as I want. Plus my favorite design is the Dawn of Discover. Here it is:

OK, well...I guess whatever suites you.  If its a vanity thing it makes sense

Message 101 of 134
bndresa1321
Valued Member

I think on initial thought I didn't see the hype over switching to a card that is basically the same, and the design not being enough to lure me in.  Honestly though from looking at some of these extras like no foreign transaction fees, being able to pay until midgnight, and no overlimit fee are enough to make me make the call this afternoon to switch my More. 

Credit Cards:
Capital One Platinum MC (11/2009) - $2K | Discover IT(07/2011) - $1.25K | GECRB Visa (07/2012) - $2.17K | Citi Dividend Visa (12/2012) - $4K | Chase Freedom Visa (12/2012) - $5K | AMEX BCP (11/2014) - $5K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa (12/2014) - $9K

Message 102 of 134
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

@bndresa1321 wrote:

I think on initial thought I didn't see the hype over switching to a card that is basically the same, and the design not being enough to lure me in.  Honestly though from looking at some of these extras like no foreign transaction fees, being able to pay until midgnight, and no overlimit fee are enough to make me make the call this afternoon to switch my More. 

All Discover cards have no foreign transaction fees.

Message 103 of 134
bndresa1321
Valued Member

I did not know that, not like it made much of a difference, spent a year abroad and unfortunately never encountered an opportunity where I was able to use my card.

Credit Cards:
Capital One Platinum MC (11/2009) - $2K | Discover IT(07/2011) - $1.25K | GECRB Visa (07/2012) - $2.17K | Citi Dividend Visa (12/2012) - $4K | Chase Freedom Visa (12/2012) - $5K | AMEX BCP (11/2014) - $5K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa (12/2014) - $9K

Message 104 of 134
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why is everyone so afraid to let go of the More card?  I'm seriously confused.  The IT card carries every benfit of the More plus some.  So why would anyone worry about it?

I don't want to be stuck with one card design. With the More I can order as many cards and designs as I want. Plus my favorite design is the Dawn of Discover. Here it is:

That one is my favorite as well. I used it at a local donut shop the other day, and the cashier didn't want to take it because she had "never seen an orange one like that before." I wanted to ask her how old she was.

Message 105 of 134
Smug
Established Contributor

No offense to either poster but that's one ugly card.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 106 of 134
CS800
Super Contributor

If you want cosmetic pleasure, you stay More if you want the extra perk, you go IT Smiley Happy

Message 107 of 134
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

@bndresa1321 wrote:

I did not know that, not like it made much of a difference, spent a year abroad and unfortunately never encountered an opportunity where I was able to use my card.

The Discover card is accepted at more than just places that have the Discover logo. It's accepted where you see Dinacard, BC Card, UnionPay, JCB, Pulse, and Diner's Club.

Message 108 of 134
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Discover beats out all the others in markets like China and Japan. Everyone even tiny businesses in China/Japan that don't take the major three, always take Discover via the respective local payment networks of UnionPay and JCB Smiley Wink

Message 109 of 134
steffiejoe
Contributor

Anyone convert the Motiva card to the IT?

Your credit score
Source: Equifax Date: April 29, 2015
Message 110 of 134
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.