Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT high credit limits

tag
Legen_dary
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover IT high credit limits

They gave me 11.5k with a pull of 647, when my next highest limit at the time was $1500. Go figure....

Message 31 of 58
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Legen_dary wrote:

They gave me 11.5k with a pull of 647, when my next highest limit at the time was $1500. Go figure....

Had you been gardening for a while before this approval? They much have taken in to account your two 5 digit CLs ( the csp au and the Amex.)

Message 32 of 58
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

@lostsols wrote:

Not true.  I'm at $24k.  Never a request for income verification.

It is true but don't confuse income verification with submitting documents. They use a database to electronically verify employment and income. They ask for documentation if they are unable to verify.

entirely OT, but what kind of Discover card is that in your signature?? im mesmerized...

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 33 of 58
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I haven't really seen alot of posts with people reporting high Discover CLs. My CLs with Discover literally went like this 1500>>2000>>>5000. Stop. Discover is like my 3rd or 4th highest limit card. They have really been behind the ball of my other creditors. Probably because I don't really use it as much anymore.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 34 of 58
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

My initial CL with Discover was $10,500. They automatically increased it to $11,500 a few months after I opened the card (in 2013). It is by FAR my highest credit limit.

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 35 of 58
gsxrgt
New Contributor

I can't remeber what my starting limit was but it was at 7,700 for several years and then got it bumped up to 9,700 this January. I went to try a few days ago on their site and put in for 10,700 and they said they'd need to pull credit so I cancelled. I logged on later and they moved it up to 10,700.

Chase Ritz 20.5K, Freedom 11K, Chase Marriott 11K, Citi Prestige 12.5K, Citi Aadvantage Platinum 10.5k, Barclay US Airways 12.5k, Discover IT 12.7K, Amex BCP 23K, Amex PRG, Penfed Platinum Rewards 11K, Penfed PLOC 25k
Message 36 of 58
Legen_dary
Frequent Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@Legen_dary wrote:

Had you been gardening for a while before this approval? They much have taken in to account your two 5 digit CLs ( the csp au and the Amex.)

Maybe 5 months of gardening when I apped for DiscoverIT? My highest credit limit at the time was the Barclays at $1500. I didn't have the Amex Blue or CSP AU back then.

Message 37 of 58
tanisha04
Established Member

I was just was just approved last week for a Discover It card -   $7000 limit. Its by far the highest non- store cc I have.

Current Cards

Current Fico 9 Scores - May 2023: Equifax - 774 Transunion - 763 Experian - 761
Current Fico 8 Scores - June 2023: Equifax - 737 Transunion - 727 Experian - 738
Message 38 of 58
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

I haven't really seen alot of posts with people reporting high Discover CLs. My CLs with Discover literally went like this 1500>>2000>>>5000. Stop. Discover is like my 3rd or 4th highest limit card. They have really been behind the ball of my other creditors.

Discover seems to have some odd trends with CL's.  I've seen posts from builders and rebuilders who have been granted higher limits with Discover and those with established credit profiles getting lower limits.  At the time I apped for the Discover it my highest CL was $30K.  Discover granted me $4.5K.  They just bumped it to $9.5K after a requested the CL with HP.

As for the OP's question, there are certainly those with >$10K limits with Discover and it's evidenced on a number of credit discussion forum sites.

Message 39 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

12K . 

Message 40 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.