Drew
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover IT high credit limits

21,000 from 8,500. All SP's and no IV.
Message 51 of 58
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

I started out with $6K, managed to raise it to $8.5K but took 3 HPs in the process. Then I got a SP CLI to $10K. A couple of months later they started handing out CLIs like candy, I raised it to $16K over 4 CLIs. And a few days ago they had another relapse and gave me a $6K to $22K

Message 52 of 58
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Slab wrote:

Discover IT started me with a 1k credit limit back in Jan 2013 when I still had a baddie on my EQ report. Since then, my EQ has gone up by 47 points. I have called in about a month ago for a CLI and I was told that it would be a HP. I have 6 HPs on my EQ now and don't need any more until a few inquiries drop off. 

My question: Does Dicover ever give credit lines of 10k or more? Thanks

They've been giving large CLI's to some people. With your scores I can't imagine they won't give you a nice meaty CLI if you click the luv button.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 53 of 58
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Slab wrote:

Thanks a lot for the replies. After a few hps fall off, I will try again.

No need to wait. Just click the luv button. It will be a soft pull.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 54 of 58
EW800
Valued Contributor

@Kenny wrote:

+1

Wife has $20.000 Discover with no Income verification needed

Yep.. it triggers over 20k, so that's why she hasn't needed it yet.

I'm at $22,200, with no mention of income verification yet.  I am pretty sure that I must be knocking on the door of it, so likely will not put in for any additional CLI's with them.  I've been straight up about my income, but prefer not to go through the process.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 55 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

My dad just requested a CLI online, got a message that it was being reviewed, and within 3 days got a CLI from $21k to $27k soft pull. 

No income verification required.

Message 56 of 58
EW800
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Happy

There seems to be several reports of $6K increases. Discocer seems to like that number at the moment. Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 57 of 58
jbsea
Established Contributor

I just got approved for $10,500 from them last week.  I have to admit I was just hoping to get in so kind of surprised.  So yes they are giving out high limits still.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 58 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.