cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT members, how much cash back have you earned or expecting to earn with double cash back?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT members, how much cash back have you earned or expecting to earn with double cash back?

Hi all, 

I'm just curious to see how much cash back everyone has earned or expecting to earn with the Discover Double Cash promotion. 

I've earned about $300 so far, therefore totalling at $600 cash back at the end of the promotion Smiley Wink

Edit: I've had my card since October 8th, 2015

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT members, how much cash back have you earned or expecting to earn with double cash ba

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all, 

I'm just curious to see how much cash back everyone has earned or expecting to earn with the Discover Double Cash promotion. 

I've earned about $300 so far, therefore totalling at $600 cash back at the end of the promotion Smiley Wink

428 so far for me.

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT members, how much cash back have you earned or expecting to earn with double cash ba

Got my card 2/22/16 and have earned $88 so far. Hoping for at least $300 to double to 600 by 2/22/17
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope someone can go over these rewards because I haven't really been getting a ton of rewards back with this Discover card. If I do, it's very little.

Let's discuss that.
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

~$150 and my double cash back is expiring next month 😔
Message 5 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

This is really just a function of how much people spend, using this card rather than others.   For the IT, there's no real advantage (except for certain discounts on gift cards I guess) using it on general spend, as it's 1% + 1% has the second 1% delayed by much more than say the DC. The 10% categories are capped, with a max of $600.   Big wins could be had using Apple Pay during the promo and on Discover Deals

But if you are willing to spend a lot, you get a bigger figure!  I got about ~$3,500 back on the IT Miles, without any apple pay

Message 6 of 21
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

Got the card in January, but didn't move all my spending to it until last month.  So far, have about $80.  If I average what I earned last month over the course of the next eight months, I should have around $300 or so, so $600ish.

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 7 of 21
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Well I'm only at $110, but I have until March 2017, I'm thinking maybe 500 to 600, so 1000 to 1200!

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I hope someone can go over these rewards because I haven't really been getting a ton of rewards back with this Discover card. If I do, it's very little.

Let's discuss that.

Have you checked to see if you're falling under the 5% category or the base 1% for most of your spend. There's a new feature on the site, at the top of your discover home page after you log in, go to rewards details link under the bold section that says Cashback Bonus, there's a summary there, then a link that says see rewards details. That will break down each category. When we started to notice that most of our spend was hitting Everyday, we had to shift using the card as our everyday card, we were spending more but getting less cashback under the 1% ( I took you the long way in to see your cashback)

Message 9 of 21
NichelleN
Established Contributor

I'm at $573 so far with 6 months to go. Most of that is from the Apple Pay promo and Discover Deals. After doubling, it should be a nice reward in a few months.

More than enough credit.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.