Contributor
MrxLeo

Discover IT not reporting?

I've had my Discover IT account since February but I checked my credit this month and I'm showing that it didn't report the months of June and July yet.  My statement closes on the 28th of the month so surely July should've been reported by now.  Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Starting Score: 609
Current Score: EX: 723 (08/18), TU: 741 (08/15), EQ: 695(08/15)
Goal Score: 785

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
09Lexie

Re: Discover IT not reporting?

They haven't reported for me yet either. My statement cut Aug 4. :smileysad:
Contributor
MrxLeo

So I called Discover this morning and they informed me that they did report last month and Experian may just not be updating my report. The funny thing is CapitalOne accounts haven't reported this month either (even though the statement closed on the 4th). My citi account has reported already but the other three (two capital ones and one discover) haven't. Has anyone else experienced this issue with Experian? Is it even Experian that's not reporting?

I'm going to give them a call when they open at 6am PST but this sounds ridiculous to me that a credit reporting agency isn't reporting my credit correctly.

Contributor
MrxLeo

So it turns out there was a glitch in the system when I refreshed the report so the Discover didn't show up.  They told me to refresh again and both months showed up this time.  However, my CapitalOne accounts still weren't showing up for the month of August...

They offered me a promo going on for all three reports for an additional $14.99 so I checked the other bureaus and CapitalOne has reported to EQ already but have not reported to TU and EX.  This happened to me earlier this year as well where CapitalOne didn't report to EX or TU and only to EQ.  Is this common?  

09Lexie

I just got off the phone with Discover because my reports haven't updated. After trying to convince me that sometimes credit bureaus update quarterly ( insert rolls eyes) I had the CSR do a mid-cycle update.

I'll double check my reports in a few days to confirm.
Contributor
MrxLeo

09Lexie wrote:
I just got off the phone with Discover because my reports haven't updated. After trying to convince me that sometimes credit bureaus update quarterly ( insert rolls eyes) I had the CSR do a mid-cycle update.

You can ask them to do a mid-cycle update?  What do they report during mid-cycle updates?  Your last month's closing statement or the current balance showing?  

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

MrxLeo wrote:

09Lexie wrote:

You can ask them to do a mid-cycle update?  yes

What do they report during mid-cycle updates?  Your last month's closing statement or

the current balance showing?  Current balance 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13

09Lexie

The mid-cycle worked. My EX is updated, I'll check the other reports in a few days.
Contributor
MrxLeo

Thanks for the info.  I called them and they said it may take up to 60 days to be reported so that's why it's not showing up. :smileylol:  But the rep was very kind and authorized a mid-cycle report for me as well.  Good thing too because I just paid the card off and I'm planning on app'ing for the SPG this month while the promotion's still going on.  :smileytongue:

09Lexie

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}