Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT only for US residents?

tag
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover IT only for US residents?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hm, I'm not sure I completely get that... It should report, right? 

Sorry for asking stupid questions and thanks a lot for all the help! 

You said you just got your CLI. Sometimes it takes awhile before they report it to the credit bureaus. An example when statement closes or like US Bank reports at the end of the month some may not report for a couple of months.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, a couple of months, I did not know that... will take that into account, thanks! 

But in general, is 8months too short for Amex?

Message 12 of 18
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, a couple of months, I did not know that... will take that into account, thanks! 

But in general, is 8months too short for Amex?

I'm not sure about AMEX but I sent you a personal message.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 13 of 18
newhis
Valued Contributor

Hi, I'm here on Visa also, I can't have a SSN but I have an ITIN.

I was able to call, explained my situation, didn't have credit history (only a denied app for Capital One a month before, and a just opened secured card with BoA that didn't reported yet at that time). I told them that I am not a permanent resident and my income is from my home country. After sending some documents they (ITIN, proof of address) were able to get the card with $1000 limit but no 0% APR. I don't have a score yet.

I think they are using 'resident' as living or having address in the USA.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that's useful, thank you, newhis! My income is from a US company so that should be even less of a problem.

Message 15 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, that's useful, thank you, newhis! My income is from a US company so that should be even less of a problem.

Not at all current, but back in 1985 I eventually got a credit card from what is now Bank of America when I was on a H1 visa.  I don't recall being asked about immigration status (I had a SSN) bigger issue was lack of US credit history.

Of course, back in those days credit cards were 10 feet long and weight 600 pounds.  Oh no, that was cell phones and computers....

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update: I got the card (yay!) so yes, you just have to live here, no green card needed. 

Message 17 of 18
Alkalinem0n0
Contributor

I applied for a discover IT last year I don't have an ssn however they accepted my ITIN (I am married so have to file for tax every year) I spend the majority of time outside the US have never had a problem I just let them know my travel plans.  

BofA Cash Rewards 16 k|BofA Travel Rewards 10k|Gold Delta SkyMiles American Express 32k|Discover IT 7k|Chase Freedom 10k
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.