Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT questions:

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Discover IT questions:

Could I PC from Motiva to IT and get the 14 mos 0% or would my current terms apply?

If I were to obtain a PC, would the clock reset on any CLI(still not at 6 months)?

Could I keep the NYC print on my card?

These are all deterrents for a PC in my case. I don't even use Discover as an every day card lol... Amex/Freedom have me covered!!:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover IT questions:

Changing cards never gives you the bonus cash/points or terms that come when you apply for a new card. You can ask, but they will probably say no. I don't know about the credit limit increase, but I don't see why it would affect it. You can continue using the card you have until it expires.

Message 2 of 5
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Could I PC from Motiva to IT and get the 14 mos 0% or would my current terms apply?

If I were to obtain a PC, would the clock reset on any CLI(still not at 6 months)?

These are all deterrents for a PC in my case. I don't even use Discover as an every day card lol... Amex/Freedom have me covered!!:-)

I PC'd from the More to the It and 1) no, didn't get any new-card terms, 2) had absolutely no clock resets or any other resets (kept same history, card number, etc.), and 3) did not have the option of keeping old design.

They are working on alternate designs for the It, however, so at some point keeping an old design may be possible.

On the good side, the PC was easy as pie and the benefits of the card are superior.

Message 3 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

If you're trying to shift your other balances to the IT card on the current going 0% rate, sorry the promo will not apply to you in this case when you PC.  It is only offered for new cardholders.

The "clock" doesn't reset the CLI criteria, but your account has to be elegible for it.  At the earliest, 6 months is the average time to be considered for a CLI - SP if you qualify, otherwise HP if you really need the CLI - still no guarantees (considering how much you have at the moment and if Discover deems you already have sufficient credit).

You can keep your current card (or any other designs you may have) until the expiration date of those cards.  Some folks don't want their pretty plastic to get all scratched up and tend to use the other card(s) until the expiration date of their current plastic.  Now, if your card gets lost or stolen, then only the new/replacement design will apply with the new account # - or any current available IT designs in their line up.

Message 4 of 5
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Interesting! I still have like 10 months left on my current 0% offer.

However, the rotating cashback categories would be more useful than my Motiva's!

Thanks everyone :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.