Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT rewards ugh

tag
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Re: Discover IT rewards ugh

I dont trust discover, so each monthly statement, i calculated my reward by  spreadsheet, that's how i noticed they withhold 45$ in reward. AND I ONLY RECEIVED THAT 3 MONTHS LATER, XTRA ANNOYING!  

Message 11 of 18
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

We are the ones giving them money the least they could do is itemize it....they do it for themselves why not just make that information availablity? 

EQ: 584 TU: 615 EX: 612

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 12 of 18
northface28
Established Contributor

Cap1 does an excellent job of showing itemized rewards and having rewards post very quickly, not post statement. Discover could learn a thing or two.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 13 of 18
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

It is annoying, although Discover isn't the only one to do this. My Amex BCE doesn't break it down by transaction either, neither does my Chase Amazon. The Amazon lists the points earned for each special category but not per transaction.

I don't get why they don't make the information accessible; obviously they have it since they're calculating rewards, so why not just show it on my statement? As you said, makes finding an issue easier.

The break downs are shown on each translation with chase cards.  If you add them up, they come out rounded up.  Easier than Amex, have no experience with discover.

Signature needs updating
Message 14 of 18
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@AirlinerDudeB6 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

It is annoying, although Discover isn't the only one to do this. My Amex BCE doesn't break it down by transaction either, neither does my Chase Amazon. The Amazon lists the points earned for each special category but not per transaction.

I don't get why they don't make the information accessible; obviously they have it since they're calculating rewards, so why not just show it on my statement? As you said, makes finding an issue easier.

I'm not sure about the Chase Amazon card, but for my Freedom and Marriott cards... Chase shows me the rewards calculations on the activity section of my account. It's not shown on the statement, but at least I can see the math. 

^^^This, is what I see.

Signature needs updating
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

chase and boa are the best at this.

Message 16 of 18
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Barclay's is great with showing the rewards. As soon as it posts, there's the amount of rewards you receive. But I also think they have one of the best websites as well, better than Discover. 

Message 17 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I love how Barclay posts the rewards. They seem to be the best with it out of the cards I have.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.