Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT secured Additional Deposit

tag
keithbward
Frequent Contributor

Discover IT secured Additional Deposit

I called on June 1st to enroll in the double cash back program and said mine would start on the 2nd as that's when my next cycle was beginning...perfect timing. I went ahead and maxed out the credit line for the secured version at $2500 and it posted on my account today. My one year mark is next month so hopefully I will have my check in hand for my deposit as well as being able to get a CLI. Have alot of shopping to do for work this next month, so it's essentially going to be free money for me using the Discover Deals portal. So anyone thinking about calling in to increase your line with the secured version of the IT card, it's pretty painless, don't even think they check your credit just ask you how much would you like to increase your limit to and if the banking information they have on file is correct and you authorize the ach transfer. Takes about a week to show up.

Starting Scores - EX 547 || EQ 541 || TU 538 - 01/21/2014
Current Scores - EX 691 || EQ 628??? || TU 695 - 08/04/2015
Goal Scores - 720 across the board
Current Utilization - 12% and going down
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT secured Additional Deposit

How did this turn out? I recently got the secured card and was going to max out the deposit close to the graduation date in hopes of a higher unsecured limit.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT secured Additional Deposit

@Anonymous wrote:
How did this turn out? I recently got the secured card and was going to max out the deposit close to the graduation date in hopes of a higher unsecured limit.

Relatively simple.  Call the number on the back of the card.  They ask you a few questions.  Then take your routing information.  Thinking about increasing mine cause i like the double cash back.  Want to match the limit on my Apple Rewards card. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.