Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT with only 6m zero apr

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT with only 6m zero apr

I referred my wife, I tought she would get the same 15m zero apr like I did.

Well this las statement she got charged apr, I called and the rep told me she only had 6m zero apr.

Has anybody heard of this before?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT with only 6m zero apr

@Anonymous wrote:

Well this las statement she got charged apr, I called and the rep told me she only had 6m zero apr.

Thanks.

Discover tailors offers for approvals on the fly depending on what the consumer applying qualifies for. But hey, it's better than a denial, right? You guys should get on chat and ask about a new 0% offer for current cardholders. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 12
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks.
Yes. Depending on your Wife's Credit at time of approval. Also have seen where others were approved without any promo Apr rate. or joint account and secured. Depends on credit worthiness. Why you are saying you got 15 months. many of us only got 14 months and a few back when got 18 months. So it differs. Now all the new applicants are only getting 12 months. all about the research.
Message 3 of 12
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Yep, every application is case by case so therefore terms change.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I also received the six month offer.

Message 5 of 12
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Mine came with 6 mos interest free as well, but I did have a 12 mo 0% on balance transfers, which I did use.

Besides that, what I love is that every several months, my limit goes up.  Since opening the acct in April of 2013, my apr has gone from 22.9% to 22.4% to 19.2%.

I keep a low or zero balance, so those I'm ok with.  I don't want to upset the apple cart when they have done auto CLI's every several months. 

From $3500 ---> $4100 ---> $4700 ---> $5100 ---> $5500 --->  $6600 ---> $8000.

I wouldn't worry about a 6 mo 0% interest.  Be happy to have a card that bumps your limit automatically every 4 or 5 months.  I'd guess by December, this is gonna be a 10k card without me lifting a finger!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can always contact discover and see if they will lower your apr or give you (or your wife) another 0% apr promotion.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't get any months 0% apr when I got it, so she did better than I.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got 0/14 month offer.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I contacted them on chat, no offers for my wife or apr reduction.
Her CL is 11k with only a 1k balance.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.