Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT

tag
soILseminole
Contributor

Re: Discover IT

its a pretty cool looking card, although personally im not fond of the orange "it" on the front. but, it does its job and as others have said, has some nice features
Current: |MyFico TU-766| |MyFico EQ-737| |Amex EX-736| (May '13)
Message 21 of 37
tatterz
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got my Discover IT card in the mail, what does everyone think of this card?

I'm not a huge fan of rotating categories. But I do have one rotating card and I deffinitely made sure it had the best of the categories - Freedom. I love this card way more than I thought I would. It has a nice shopping mall as well and some places can net you 10pts/dollar extra. Both Freedom and Discover's cash back are connectable to use on your Amazon account.

One of the things that really lures me away from Discover (despite the fact I have the 3 cards I could ever need and the fact that Discover charges the retailer higher fees) is that I believe that you need to accumulate $50 in Cash Back before you're able to redeem it. Compare that to Freedom where you can use any amounts of points for statement credit or even receive it as a check. Freedom also has a signup bonus unlike Discover Smiley Tongue.

TLDR: Freedom >>> Discover IT

TU: 730 (Lender Pull) ; EQ: 738 (MyFico)
Barclay's Sallie Mae 5% Mastercard $1k(4/2013)- My main beach
Chase Freedom $3k (3/2013) - My side beach
Amex BCE $6k (3/2013) - When I feel like a boss
Crapital One Platinum $750 (2/2010) - When I feel like a n00b
Message 22 of 37
primechicken
Contributor

@BlueNightStar wrote:

Congratulations! This is a great card. I've been eyeing it for a year but wasn't sure if my profile would get me a decent limit and I was on the fence about their rewards. I went ahead and applied recently and to my surprise they gave me my highest limit yet - almost double what my highest card is currently.

Their rewards are awesome. They offer random 2% spending days, rotating 5% categories, Shop Discover for extra points and everything else at 1%. Their customer service is top notch. I don't think I've ever been as pleased with a card. And to think this was the card I was the least excited about apping for.

Did you say they offer random 2% spending days? I got the card a few weeks ago and I didn't see anything about that. But I would like to! Can you point me in the direction to read up on that, or where you saw it? Thanks!

I got some cards with some credit limits. Some are better than others.
Message 23 of 37
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@tatterz wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got my Discover IT card in the mail, what does everyone think of this card?

I'm not a huge fan of rotating categories. But I do have one rotating card and I deffinitely made sure it had the best of the categories - Freedom. I love this card way more than I thought I would. It has a nice shopping mall as well and some places can net you 10pts/dollar extra. Both Freedom and Discover's cash back are connectable to use on your Amazon account.

One of the things that really lures me away from Discover (despite the fact I have the 3 cards I could ever need and the fact that Discover charges the retailer higher fees) is that I believe that you need to accumulate $50 in Cash Back before you're able to redeem it. Compare that to Freedom where you can use any amounts of points for statement credit or even receive it as a check. Freedom also has a signup bonus unlike Discover Smiley Tongue.

TLDR: Freedom >>> Discover IT

FYI, Discover has a $50 referral bonus.

Message 24 of 37
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I did get the credit score they pulled from EQ in the little box. 675, so either it went down 5 pts or it is a slightly different version. Still waiting on another SW update. One of the 3 inquiries from my spree already posted, no change in score from that but I know it's coming!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 25 of 37
QBee56

I got my It card about 4 months ago, $4000 CL. A few weeks ago, I logged into my account and had auto CLI to $5200!! I LOVE this card. I LOVE Discover customer service, too. I think my score was in the low to mid 700s when I applied. I think Discover tries to work with people, to develop long term relationships. This has become my go to card.

Message 26 of 37
QBee56

BTW, my cards:

AMEX Green; Discover IT ($5200); Lowes ($4500); Home depot ($3300); Walmart ($3300); Capital One ($2000); Citi Diamond ($2000); Sears ($2500)

Message 27 of 37
DreaIYIs
Established Member

Can yu guys post your score and dings in your report when you were improve

Starting Score: 528
Current Score: Fico Scores EQ-628 EX-628 TU-595
Goal Score: 760+

CAP 1 Plat $500 CL FIRST PROGRESS $400 CL
Message 28 of 37
Tsucchi
Established Member

I just got this card 2 days ago with CL $4k.

BofA: Student Platinum Plus Visa: $2k; Cash Rewards Visa: $10k
Chase: Freedom MC: $10k
Amex: TE Costco: $20k; Blue (AU) $9.9k
Discover: IT: $4k
FICO EX (01/15/2014): 745; CK (2/14/2014): 710; CS (2/8/2014): 768
Message 29 of 37
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

im a discover fan boy lol they were one of my first cards, i was a bad boy with them but they were the only lender to work directly with me when i got in trouble, they closed the account but dropped my interest rate to something very low and let me pay it off over a few yrs. after i paid it off and some time went by i reapplied  and they let me back in no prob and gave me a more card. i converted to the IT a few months ago to get the 1% back on everything the 5% categories are hit or miss w/ me obv im taking full advantage of the gas currently, and just an FYI their shopdiscover mall is awesome esp since you can combine the offers on their with the current category if applicable, ie last quarter was 5% home improvement on shopdiscover around fathers day homedepot was offering 10% cash back and i wanted a fire pit so i went to the store looked at a few ordered online picked up in store, and ended up getting 15% back. did the same w/ a bunch of lawn supplies (weed killer,seed , fert ect) if they do that next yr im getting a grill that way

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.