Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT

tag
roastbeans
New Contributor

Discover IT

It seems the Discover IT is aggressively expanding their customer base by issuing its cards to those with less than perfect credit,including myselfSmiley Happy I just hope people don't abuse it and use responsibly, so that others in need of major card can be benefited from them.I sure don't want to see anyone being stuck with blood suckers like Credit One/Capital One.

Kudos to Discover IT for giving me a second chance!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Discover IT

@roastbeans wrote:

It seems the Discover IT is aggressively expanding their customer base by issuing its cards to those with less than perfect credit,including myselfSmiley Happy I just hope people don't abuse it and use responsibly, so that others in need of major card can be benefited from them.I sure don't want to see anyone being stuck with blood suckers like Credit One/Capital One.

Kudos to Discover IT for giving me a second chance!

Congrats and use well

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 12
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

CONGRATS! BTW whats your credit profile look like and scores? im curious

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 3 of 12
Home2014
New Contributor

That's good to hear. I've attempted 2 recons with them after a recent denial and no love was shown. Maybe the tides will change after gardening for the next 6 months.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 | United Mileage Plus Visa $8000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom Visa $4800 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum World MC $3500 | PayPal Extras MC $3250 | Amazon Store $3000 | Quicksilver One MC $2500 | Walmart Discover $2000 | Merrick Bank Visa $1400 | First Premier Bank $300
Last App 01/10/2014... In the Garden until Fall 2014
Message 4 of 12
roastbeans
New Contributor

They pulled Experian with my score being 649(lowest of all three agencies) and I have two judgement,about 4 yrs old on my credit report.Also my credit history is short,about 2 and half yrs(this was the reason I was turned down by Barclay before even with TU score of 720),but during that time I 've managed capital one/credit one well.No idea if that helped me or not.

Message 5 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 12
Jutz
Valued Contributor

What was your CL, and did you recon anything
  • Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 7 of 12
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 8 of 12
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

+1

"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 9 of 12
roastbeans
New Contributor

Jutz,

My CL is 2,200 and was approved instantly, so no recon was needed.By the way when I called to activate the card I was pleasantly surprised by very pleasant English speaking American customer service.Nothing against "others",but I do have some problem understanding them at times.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.